Sign in with
Your question

Trying to run Repair from Xp disc- asking for a password that was neve

Last response: in Windows XP
August 31, 2009 6:06:31 AM

While to to run the Repair from the WinXp Cd- screen comes up asking for password. One was never set. Tried just hitting enter, and a few others- only to be locked out. Anyone know how/why this is happening- and ultimitly- how fix??
thanks- Mr. Frustraded
August 31, 2009 10:03:49 AM

hllywd23 said:
While to to run the Repair from the WinXp Cd- screen comes up asking for password. One was never set. Tried just hitting enter, and a few others- only to be locked out. Anyone know how/why this is happening- and ultimitly- how fix??
thanks- Mr. Frustraded

Follow these instruction 'carefully' to perform a repair install of XP OS.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport...
August 31, 2009 10:52:43 AM

Ok it's been awhile since I had to go through this....I had the same problem. I think you have to put your hd number in and then enter. for me it was the number 1 and then i hit enter. Try 0 and enter....if doesn't work then try 1 and enter. One of those should work for you......fingers crossed and good luck
Related resources
August 31, 2009 11:57:38 AM

BonitaSZ said:
Ok it's been awhile since I had to go through this....I had the same problem. I think you have to put your hd number in and then enter. for me it was the number 1 and then i hit enter. Try 0 and enter....if doesn't work then try 1 and enter. One of those should work for you......fingers crossed and good luck

OP has to g to the second repair console. He will have to select 'install' windows, then at the second repair console select repair from there. The password for XP at the first repair console to command prompt is simply to hit the 'enter' key. The link with the instructions I posted are what OP needs to do to do a repair install.
September 14, 2009 4:58:10 PM

Ok folks.... my fault. In all my years- I was doing the console, not the 2nd repair option. Figured it out last night! Thanks guys!!
!