Channel 45-1 in Phoenix

Can anyone in the Phoenix area get channel 45-1? I can't, in SE
Chandler, nor can my dealer at I-10 and Ray, which is almost in spitting
distance of South Mountain.

It is the only thing keeping me from dropping locals from my DirecTV
subscription.

More about channel phoenix

    Michelle Steiner wrote:
    > Can anyone in the Phoenix area get channel 45-1? I can't, in SE
    > Chandler, nor can my dealer at I-10 and Ray, which is almost in spitting
    > distance of South Mountain.
    >
    > It is the only thing keeping me from dropping locals from my DirecTV
    > subscription.

    Are you talking about UPN?

    http://www.titantv.com/ lists it as being channel 26, but I get
    it on channel 18 (I'm near Paradise Valley Mall).

    I have a Samsung SIRT-151 with an antenna on my roof.

    For a while I was even getting channels 4 (NBC) & 13 (CBS) out of
    Tucson.
    --
    Bill Cochell (lose the _TUDE_ to reply directly)

    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart
    people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean
    it." --Mark Twain

    In article <rrTLd.4707$mt.8@fed1read03>,
    Bill Cochell <bcochell@po_TUDE_box.com> wrote:

    > > It is the only thing keeping me from dropping locals from my DirecTV
    > > subscription.
    >
    > Are you talking about UPN?

    Yes.

    > http://www.titantv.com/ lists it as being channel 26,

    I can't get 26-1 or 26-2, nor the channel guide for either.

    > but I get it on channel 18 (I'm near Paradise Valley Mall).

    Here is where things get weird. I can't get 45-1 (Phoenix UPN), but I
    get its channel guide. I can get 18-1 (Tucson UPN), but I can't get its
    channel guide.

    <later>

    However, by adding Tucson as my secondary area for OTA reception, and
    rescanning for OTA channels, I now have its channel guide as well.
    Thanks.

    I'm in SE Chandler and I get a signal strength it of 87 using a silver
    sensor ant. and my DirecTV H10 box.. It's on 26.1

    In article <kxXLd.1557$Yu.120@fed1read01>, "Bob" <madness7@cox.net>
    wrote:

    > I'm in SE Chandler and I get a signal strength it of 87 using a
    > silver sensor ant. and my DirecTV H10 box.. It's on 26.1

    Interesting. My antenna is aimed at South Mountain, according to the
    installer. (It's in the attic, and I haven't seen it.) I can't get
    26-1 or 26-2, but I can get 18-1, which is a Tucson station.

    Curiously, although I now have the guide for 18-1, it doesn't show up in
    the "Search by Title" function. But I just realized that it might take
    a bit of time for it to populate like when a new receiver is attached.
    I'll keep checking it over the next few days.

    I'm in Cooper Commons, BTW, at Riggs and Gilbert.

    Michelle Steiner wrote:
    > In article <kxXLd.1557$Yu.120@fed1read01>, "Bob" <madness7@cox.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I'm in SE Chandler and I get a signal strength it of 87 using a
    >>silver sensor ant. and my DirecTV H10 box.. It's on 26.1
    >
    > Interesting. My antenna is aimed at South Mountain, according to the
    > installer. (It's in the attic, and I haven't seen it.) I can't get
    > 26-1 or 26-2, but I can get 18-1, which is a Tucson station.

    I did not realize 18 was out of Tucson.

    FWIW, I was able to get 26 for a while a few months ago. It was
    a very weak signal with a lot of drop outs. Now I don't receive
    it at all. :-(
    --
    Bill Cochell (lose the _TUDE_ to reply directly)

    Today I noticed that 26.1 is gone and 45.1 & 45.2 are there instead

    In article <6YXNd.29687$Yu.21881@fed1read01>, "Bob" <madness7@cox.net>
    wrote:

    > Today I noticed that 26.1 is gone and 45.1 & 45.2 are there instead

    Thanks for the heads up; I found almost the same thing after reading
    your message. The only difference is that I don't see 45.2 anywhere. I
    just changed my season passes from 26.1 to 45.1

    -- Michelle

HDTV TV Phoenix Home Theatre