DVI to HDMI converters and Vis versa any difference ?

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 2, 2005 3:31:00 PM

DVI to HDMI converters and Vis versa any difference ?

Just want to know if i get a TV with DVI and or HDMI only, if i get a
converter would their be any difference will my HD Movie play work
just as good and give me HD movies on my TV ?

I know their are no HD players or Blueray ones to test this but just
like to know how much of a difference DVI and HDMI is ?

becuase i know their will be DVI and HDMI only devices just would like
to know what my options are.

Thanks.
February 2, 2005 3:31:01 PM

Helllo wrote:

> DVI to HDMI converters and Vis versa any difference ?
>
> Just want to know if i get a TV with DVI and or HDMI only, if i get a
> converter would their be any difference will my HD Movie play work
> just as good and give me HD movies on my TV ?
>
> I know their are no HD players or Blueray ones to test this but just
> like to know how much of a difference DVI and HDMI is ?

Well, my cable box to LCD TV connection is DVI out to HDMI in and, trust
me, the upgrade from component video is almost like night and day. One
of the noticeable differences is that the DVI to HDMI's contrast
appeared to be much, much brighter than component video. I had to turn
down the brightness on my TV after re-connecting my TV from component
video to DVI. Also, the overrall clarity and color appeared to have
improved 100%.

All I can say is that it's not hype when cable companies say that DVI
and HDMI are *the* best connection out there. Well, at least it's much,
much better than composite, S-video, or component video.

-Naz (who just discovered DVI and HDMI a week ago)

P.S. Discovery HD, InHD, and InHD2 all look close to PERFECT with DVI
and HDMI.

!