What is 'Registered JIT Debugger is not available'?

geezer

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I am running XP Home SP2

Now I am getting this error message every time I boot up to my desktop

'Registered JIT Debugger is not available' & 'cordbg.exe !a 0x850'

It just started doing this after I upgraded to SP2 from SP1.

How can I disable this message?

Anyone?

Thanks

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:23:27 GMT, geezer <wee@willy.com> wrote:

>I am running XP Home SP2
>
>Now I am getting this error message every time I boot up to my desktop
>
>'Registered JIT Debugger is not available' & 'cordbg.exe !a 0x850'
>
>It just started doing this after I upgraded to SP2 from SP1.
>
>How can I disable this message?

Wasn't there an upgrade to .NET.Framework that had to be installed if
you had installed it before SP2?

Cordbg seems to be part of Net.Framework. JIT means, I believe, "just
in time". Although why an end user would need a debugger I dunno. A
programmer fer sure. Someone running a help desk maybe but an end
user?

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:05:50 GMT, Joel Rubin <jmrubin@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>Wasn't there an upgrade to .NET.Framework that had to be installed if
>you had installed it before SP2?
>
>Cordbg seems to be part of Net.Framework. JIT means, I believe, "just
>in time". Although why an end user would need a debugger I dunno. A
>programmer fer sure. Someone running a help desk maybe but an end
>user?

I just want to get rid of it!

geezer wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:05:50 GMT, Joel Rubin <jmrubin@ix.netcom.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Wasn't there an upgrade to .NET.Framework that had to be installed if
>>you had installed it before SP2?
>>
>>Cordbg seems to be part of Net.Framework. JIT means, I believe, "just
>>in time". Although why an end user would need a debugger I dunno. A
>>programmer fer sure. Someone running a help desk maybe but an end
>>user?
>>

> I just want to get rid of it!

I did a quick search for JIT debugger and it does appear to be
related to .Net Here's just one article:

http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8844

gls858