What is 'Registered JIT Debugger is not available'?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I am running XP Home SP2

Now I am getting this error message every time I boot up to my desktop

'Registered JIT Debugger is not available' & 'cordbg.exe !a 0x850'

It just started doing this after I upgraded to SP2 from SP1.

How can I disable this message?

Anyone?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about what registered debugger available
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:23:27 GMT, geezer <wee@willy.com> wrote:

    >I am running XP Home SP2
    >
    >Now I am getting this error message every time I boot up to my desktop
    >
    >'Registered JIT Debugger is not available' & 'cordbg.exe !a 0x850'
    >
    >It just started doing this after I upgraded to SP2 from SP1.
    >
    >How can I disable this message?
    >
    Wasn't there an upgrade to .NET.Framework that had to be installed if
    you had installed it before SP2?

    Cordbg seems to be part of Net.Framework. JIT means, I believe, "just
    in time". Although why an end user would need a debugger I dunno. A
    programmer fer sure. Someone running a help desk maybe but an end
    user?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:05:50 GMT, Joel Rubin <jmrubin@ix.netcom.com>
    wrote:


    >Wasn't there an upgrade to .NET.Framework that had to be installed if
    >you had installed it before SP2?
    >
    >Cordbg seems to be part of Net.Framework. JIT means, I believe, "just
    >in time". Although why an end user would need a debugger I dunno. A
    >programmer fer sure. Someone running a help desk maybe but an end
    >user?
    >


    I just want to get rid of it!
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    geezer wrote:
    > On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:05:50 GMT, Joel Rubin <jmrubin@ix.netcom.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >>Wasn't there an upgrade to .NET.Framework that had to be installed if
    >>you had installed it before SP2?
    >>
    >>Cordbg seems to be part of Net.Framework. JIT means, I believe, "just
    >>in time". Although why an end user would need a debugger I dunno. A
    >>programmer fer sure. Someone running a help desk maybe but an end
    >>user?
    >>
    >
    >
    >
    > I just want to get rid of it!
    >
    >
    I did a quick search for JIT debugger and it does appear to be
    related to .Net Here's just one article:

    http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8844

    gls858
Ask a new question

Read More

Microsoft Error Message Debugger Windows XP