Cant remove virus... help plz!

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I have a virus in my pendrive which i fear might have moved to my pc. its called autorun.inf, recycler, some false folders appear on my pendrive. The false folders activate a virus. So i can manage to delete the virus, but the recycler never goes and just revives the other viruses. I use eset security, it detects te recycler, but does not remove it, and i cant delete the recycler because it doesnt appear any time. I've tried safe mode and a few antiviruses(avg, avast, symantec.) but they cant erase either. I've also looked for info on google and some antivirus websites, but none of the forums or articles show me how to exterminate without doing some intense experimentation with my pc, which i dont have much patience or balls to do.

So does somebody have an easy way of deleting these viruses permanently from my pendrive and possibly my pc.

THX

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
Deleting a file from the command prompt removes it without sending it to recycle.
I've found this very useful in the past.
use

rmdir /F e:\filepath

rmdir means remove directory - it deletes a folder and all files and folders therein
the /F modifier tell the command to force deletion of read only files.
e:\ I'm assuming your pen drive mounts to drive e. You may need to modify this accordingly.
The file path is the list of folders leading to your virus containing folder seperated with backslashes. The name of the folder with your virus goes last.

BE VERY CAREFUL USING RMDIR. IT IS A DANGEROUS COMMAND AND COULD LEAD TO PERMANENT DATA LOSS IF YOU SPECIFY THE WRONG FOLDER. IF YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE OF WHAT I SAID DO NOT TRY THIS. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN USE A DOS PROMPT YOU MIGHT BE WELL ADVISED TO ASK FOR THEIR HELP.