Sign in with
Your question

Trouble installing windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
December 4, 2009 5:52:58 AM

I'm trying to install windows 7 on my computer which has an Asus m3A78-T motherboard setup with a raid 0 array. I have a ATAPI ihas422 lite on dvd drive. The first problem I am having is finding raid drivers for my motherboard for windows 7 but before I even get to that step the installation gives me this error:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a usb or floppy etc driver disk please insert it now"

Is it asking for the driver for for dvd drive? Why would it even load the setup if the driver didn't work? I tried looking for it online as well but couldn't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
December 4, 2009 7:04:07 AM

I have the exact same problem with Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard on i7 and RAID0 array with a LG GH22NP20 optical drive... i burned a newer firmware for the optical drive but that didnt work either...
m
l
December 4, 2009 4:27:49 PM

That thread was extremely helpful. However I just talked to Asus tech support and they havn't even written any raid drivers for my board yet for windows 7 so I wouldn't be able to install anyways. LET'S GO ASUS GET ON THE BALL! I have an M3A78-T board with AMD SB750 southbridge so if anyone finds a board with the same south bridge and has raid drivers for windows 7 it would work and I would greatly appreciate a link. Thanks
m
l
!