A little annoyed at myself >> and maybe Microsoft

Help if you would please. .....

Recently reinstalled XP-Home (degeneration for whatever reason led to this
decision). All was fine - for a few months.
Menwhile, the Reminder at lower-right to install SP-2 showed itself. Did
so. Now maybe sorry.

JPG viewer that I could leaf through images with is gone. Now when a jpg
image in a file of same is clicked, the EDITOR only appears. Only filmstrip
mode allows leafing through images. Where did the original Microsoft
imager/viewer go??

Also, Control Panel's ADD/REMOVE no longer works!

Can I revert to SP-1? Or is this foolish?

Will reinstalling XP-Home (again) revert to SP-1 anyway??

Kind Regards, and Thank You!
Wayne

Ctl Panel ADD/REMOVE, meaning cannot REMOVE. Window flashes, blinks back
only.
Wayne

"Wayne" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Help if you would please. .....
>
> Recently reinstalled XP-Home (degeneration for whatever reason led to this
> decision). All was fine - for a few months.
> Menwhile, the Reminder at lower-right to install SP-2 showed itself. Did
> so. Now maybe sorry.
>
> JPG viewer that I could leaf through images with is gone. Now when a jpg
> image in a file of same is clicked, the EDITOR only appears. Only
> filmstrip mode allows leafing through images. Where did the original
> Microsoft imager/viewer go??
>
> Also, Control Panel's ADD/REMOVE no longer works!
>
> Can I revert to SP-1? Or is this foolish?
>
> Will reinstalling XP-Home (again) revert to SP-1 anyway??
>
> Kind Regards, and Thank You!
> Wayne

Fixed that! While shown as installed in the CTL Panel, it was not!
Reinstalled, then uninstalled (got rid of stuff in register??)

"Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Ctl Panel ADD/REMOVE, meaning cannot REMOVE. Window flashes, blinks back
> only.
> Wayne
>

> "Wayne" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Help if you would please. .....
>>
>> Recently reinstalled XP-Home (degeneration for whatever reason led to
>> this decision). All was fine - for a few months.
>> Menwhile, the Reminder at lower-right to install SP-2 showed itself. Did
>> so. Now maybe sorry.
>>
>> JPG viewer that I could leaf through images with is gone. Now when a jpg
>> image in a file of same is clicked, the EDITOR only appears. Only
>> filmstrip mode allows leafing through images. Where did the original
>> Microsoft imager/viewer go??
>>
>> Also, Control Panel's ADD/REMOVE no longer works!
>>
>> Can I revert to SP-1? Or is this foolish?
>>
>> Will reinstalling XP-Home (again) revert to SP-1 anyway??
>>
>> Kind Regards, and Thank You!
>> Wayne

To get Windows Picture and Fax viewer re-associated with JPG images go to
tools menu from windows explorer (or My Computer) > Folder options > File
Types tab. Scroll down to JPEG and highlight. In the Details section, select
Change. Select Windows Picture and Fax Viewer from the list. Do the same for
JPG File.

> Fixed that! While shown as installed in the CTL Panel, it was not!
> Reinstalled, then uninstalled (got rid of stuff in register??)
>
> "Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Ctl Panel ADD/REMOVE, meaning cannot REMOVE. Window flashes, blinks
back
> > only.
> > Wayne
> >

> > "Wayne" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> Help if you would please. .....
> >>
> >> Recently reinstalled XP-Home (degeneration for whatever reason led to
> >> this decision). All was fine - for a few months.
> >> Menwhile, the Reminder at lower-right to install SP-2 showed itself.
Did
> >> so. Now maybe sorry.
> >>
> >> JPG viewer that I could leaf through images with is gone. Now when a
jpg
> >> image in a file of same is clicked, the EDITOR only appears. Only
> >> filmstrip mode allows leafing through images. Where did the original
> >> Microsoft imager/viewer go??
> >>
> >> Also, Control Panel's ADD/REMOVE no longer works!
> >>
> >> Can I revert to SP-1? Or is this foolish?
> >>
> >> Will reinstalling XP-Home (again) revert to SP-1 anyway??
> >>
> >> Kind Regards, and Thank You!
> >> Wayne

Thank You Johnny_1. Kind of dumb of me not to realize . . . . figured
(incorrectly) that SP-2 made the change - maybe it did! Now back to where I
wanted it.
Kind Regards,
Wayne

"Johnny_1" <Johnny_1@anonymous.com> wrote in message
> To get Windows Picture and Fax viewer re-associated with JPG images go to
> tools menu from windows explorer (or My Computer) > Folder options > File
> Types tab. Scroll down to JPEG and highlight. In the Details section,
> select
> Change. Select Windows Picture and Fax Viewer from the list. Do the same
> for
> JPG File.
>
> "Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Fixed that! While shown as installed in the CTL Panel, it was not!
>> Reinstalled, then uninstalled (got rid of stuff in register??)
>>
>> "Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> > Ctl Panel ADD/REMOVE, meaning cannot REMOVE. Window flashes, blinks
> back
>> > only.
>> > Wayne
>> >

>> > "Wayne" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Did

> jpg

In continuation . . . changed association of JPG to Windows Picture & Fax
viewer.

However, to edit an image, the "original" setting allowed Microsoft's EDITOR
to be opened (Ctl E). Now, this function reverts to PAINT.

How do I keep the originally selected Picture & Fax Viewer in place and at
the same open MS's Editor when needed (and not paint)?

Regards,

Wayne