Sign in with
Your question

please help!!my core2 duo processor does not boot in d945GC

Last response: in Motherboards
June 13, 2007 7:20:49 AM

Hi

I have a D945GCCR chipset with the intel pentium 4 641. I am trying to upgrade it with a core 2 duo 2.66 Ghz processor. When I boot nothing happens, no sound no lights. I also upgraded the bios to the latest version 5/22/07. Please help. What do I do?

thanks
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2007 7:49:35 AM

Quote:
Hi

I have a D945GCCR chipset with the intel pentium 4 641. I am trying to upgrade it with a core 2 duo 2.66 Ghz processor. When I boot nothing happens, no sound no lights. I also upgraded the bios to the latest version 5/22/07. Please help. What do I do?

thanks

You should check your MB manufacturers website to see if your 945 board supports C2D processors. Not all 945 chipsets support C2D. Most manufacturers, including ASUS, released revision 2 945 boards with updated voltage regulators that supported C2D.
June 13, 2007 5:28:07 PM

I checked the intel website and it says this chipset does support the
Core 2 duo's upto 2.2Ghz, but mine is 2.66 Ghz. Shouldnt it work at least at 2.2Ghz or atleast boot and show an error. i dont get any beeps or any sign other than the fan spinning.

what do I do?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2007 5:39:22 PM

Quote:
Core 2 duo's upto 2.2Ghz, but mine is 2.66 Ghz. Shouldnt it work at least at 2.2Ghz or atleast boot and show an error. i dont get any beeps or any sign other than the fan spinning.

what do I do?

You have to check your motherboard's website. I have an ASUS P5LD2-VM 945G and it will not support C2D processors. However, the ASUS website says my board does provided it is a REV 2

My P5LD2-VM 945G is a revision 1. It does not support C2D processors. I suggest you email tech support at your MB or system mfg. and ask if you MB supports C2D processors.

You can try reinstaling your processor. It is rare that a processor is dead out of the box.
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2007 5:43:33 PM

Not all 945 chipsets support C2D. It is a fact.
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2007 6:08:46 PM

Quote:

what do I do?

Here is the processor support list for your motherboard:

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d...
June 13, 2007 7:17:01 PM

Quote:

what do I do?

as badge showed that processor won't work. period. it could be because of FSB on 6 series C2D vs. 4 series. I'd ditch the mobo.
!