Deleting a Windows Network XP

videodood

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Hi there,

I seem to be having some computer problems since switched the computers around in my network. One computer was directly plugged into my router and I switched that with another. I'm getting a windows firewall and network stoppage of service.

I was wondering is it possible to delete my existing network on all computers and then just set it up again and reconfigure it all over again? I was thinking that might have something to do with the issue.

thanks

Solution
How many computers are in your network and what is the topology?

One thing you can try is to verify that your router is handing out IP Addresses to your clients (computers). You can do this by making sure the DHCP settings are set to Automatic. Also check to make sure your IP Address are not set to static.

If you could give me some more information on your setup I could better assist you.
I need:

Your router type
Your Gateway's IP Address (e.g. 198.162.1.1)
Your Subnet IP Address (e.g. 255.255.255.0)
How many clients
The OSes on the clients
and any other equipment on the network (routers, switches, hubs, ect.)

kstrife

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
How many computers are in your network and what is the topology?

One thing you can try is to verify that your router is handing out IP Addresses to your clients (computers). You can do this by making sure the DHCP settings are set to Automatic. Also check to make sure your IP Address are not set to static.

If you could give me some more information on your setup I could better assist you.
I need:

Your router type
Your Gateway's IP Address (e.g. 198.162.1.1)
Your Subnet IP Address (e.g. 255.255.255.0)
How many clients
The OSes on the clients
and any other equipment on the network (routers, switches, hubs, ect.)

Solution

videodood

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Hi...I'm not really a network pro at all. But I'll tell you how I resolved this issue. For the longest time I thought there was virus, malware on my computer or network. Anyways, drove me so crazy i reformatted and reinstalled windows. I hadn't reformatted in a few years anyways. Anyhow, even after completely reinstalling xp pro sp3 and reformatting the same stoppage of services was occurring. Seemed unbelieavable. Anyways....I upgraded Windows 7 64 and I didn't have an services stopping after that. My network did have some troubles later, and for that I changed the broadcast channel of the router and it seemed to help.