Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I can't find Zenith HDTV

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 7:29:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.

I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.

More about : find zenith hdtv

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 7:29:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Patsy Herrera <pherrera@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
>go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
>I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
>only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
>
>I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.

I purchased my Zenith (C34W37) at Ultimate Electronics, but I think those stores
are mostly in the Midwest and Southwest.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 9:30:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Really want a Gold Star (LG) set that bad?? The LG Branded sets are the
same excepting some minor software issues. Manufactured by the same company
who owns both the LG and Zenith names. Korean orgin, probably assembled in
Mexico, like a lot of other products now days.
"Jeff S" <jeffs210@NOSPAMsio.midco.net> wrote in message
news:e24101phlpdjnv69s29gparan65enbvmpe@4ax.com...
> Patsy Herrera <pherrera@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>>Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
>>go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
>>I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
>>only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
>>
>>I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.
>
> I purchased my Zenith (C34W37) at Ultimate Electronics, but I think those
> stores
> are mostly in the Midwest and Southwest.
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 10:23:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Patsy Herrera wrote:
> Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
> go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
> I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
> only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
>
> I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.

Zenith is part of the LG family. If you can find an LG set, that's the
same as a Zenith. If you're thinking of the old days when Zenith was an
American brand, those days are long gone.

LG had a big presence at the last two CES shows in the HD area. I don't
know how widely available their TVs are across the US, but they are
definitely pushing the brand into that space.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:18:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Patsy Herrera wrote:

> Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
> go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
> I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
> only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
>
> I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.

Do you think their TV's are made in the same way/location as was the case
when your trust was gained?

JVC, Toshiba, Panasonic, Hitachi are your friends.
--
WWW: http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~jwells2
spinmaster ._______________________________________________________.
@ |When you are right you cannot be too radical; |
gmail.com |when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative. MLK|
February 2, 2005 5:10:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Patsy Herrera wrote the following on 2/1/2005 11:29 PM:
> Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
> go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
> I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
> only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
>
> I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.

Best Buy has both LG and Zenith branded HDTVs, and there is a Best Buy
in Columbus.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat03006&typ...
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 5:34:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

And isn't LG considered the Packard Bell of HDTV now-a-days?
i.e. At the lower scale of quality.....

Jim Gilliland wrote:

> Patsy Herrera wrote:
>
>> Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
>> go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
>> I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
>> only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
>>
>> I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.
>
>
> Zenith is part of the LG family. If you can find an LG set, that's
> the same as a Zenith. If you're thinking of the old days when Zenith
> was an American brand, those days are long gone.
>
> LG had a big presence at the last two CES shows in the HD area. I
> don't know how widely available their TVs are across the US, but they
> are definitely pushing the brand into that space.


--
Ric Seyler
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 7:56:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Personally: IMHO, don't give LG/Zenith that much credit!! And isn't LG
considered the Packard Bell of HDTV now-a-days? > i.e. At the lower scale of
quality
"RicSeyler" <ricseyler@SPAMgulf.net> wrote in message
news:uNaMd.28141$BQ2.22210@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> And isn't LG considered the Packard Bell of HDTV now-a-days?
> i.e. At the lower scale of quality.....
>
> Jim Gilliland wrote:
>
>> Patsy Herrera wrote:
>>
>>> Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
>>> go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
>>> I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
>>> only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
>>>
>>> I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.
>>
>>
>> Zenith is part of the LG family. If you can find an LG set, that's the
>> same as a Zenith. If you're thinking of the old days when Zenith was an
>> American brand, those days are long gone.
>>
>> LG had a big presence at the last two CES shows in the HD area. I don't
>> know how widely available their TVs are across the US, but they are
>> definitely pushing the brand into that space.
>
>
> --
> Ric Seyler
>
>
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 1:36:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I've had two LG products -- a room air conditioner, which we took back to
Home Depot because the styrofoam inner ducting squeaked all night long
(found a good one at Sears) and an LG 4500 mobile phone from Verizon which
seems to be excellent.

mack
austin


"RicSeyler" <ricseyler@SPAMgulf.net> wrote in message
news:uNaMd.28141$BQ2.22210@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> And isn't LG considered the Packard Bell of HDTV now-a-days?
> i.e. At the lower scale of quality.....
>
> Jim Gilliland wrote:
>
>> Patsy Herrera wrote:
>>
>>> Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
>>> go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
>>> I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
>>> only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
>>>
>>> I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.
>>
>>
>> Zenith is part of the LG family. If you can find an LG set, that's the
>> same as a Zenith. If you're thinking of the old days when Zenith was an
>> American brand, those days are long gone.
>>
>> LG had a big presence at the last two CES shows in the HD area. I don't
>> know how widely available their TVs are across the US, but they are
>> definitely pushing the brand into that space.
>
>
> --
> Ric Seyler
>
>
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 5:23:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

X-No-archive: yes

"Patsy Herrera" <pherrera@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:wGYLd.21792$wi2.7819@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...
> Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
> go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
> I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
> only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
>
> I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.

=====================
Why?

No one in their right mind would want a Zenith HD set.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 10:16:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Richard C." <post-age@spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:4206956c$0$11662$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com...
> X-No-archive: yes
>
> "Patsy Herrera" <pherrera@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:wGYLd.21792$wi2.7819@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...
> > Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
> > go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
> > I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
> > only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
> >
> > I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.
>
> =====================
> Why?
>
> No one in their right mind would want a Zenith HD set.

While Patsy is likely uninformed about the brand and its history over the
last decade or so, this statement is even more foolish, IMO. Ruling out a
brand just because of the name could be a big mistake. Zenith, for instance
just a few years ago, sold Hitachi built CRT RPTV sets. Those sets were a
particularly good value if you shopped, because a lot of dealers sold them
off at prices considerably lower than the same Hitachi products. Hitachi
happens to have some of the most helpful tech support around and fully
supports these chassis. I have serviced these sets using Hitachi support.

Better to become informed and check things out before making a buying
decision. Zenith products have actually been built better in the past few
years than they were for the ten years previous. They are mostly still near
the bottom of the list for desirable products for most of us, but like
anything else, they deserve some consideration.

Leonard
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 8:06:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Leonard Caillouet wrote:

>
> "Richard C." <post-age@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> news:4206956c$0$11662$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com...
>> X-No-archive: yes
>>
>> "Patsy Herrera" <pherrera@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> news:wGYLd.21792$wi2.7819@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...
>> > Why does Zenith advertize at the beginning of the CBS shows, but you
>> > go to www.zenith.com and it only lists Circuit City as a place to buy.
>> > I went to the one on Whittlesey Boulevard in Columbus, GA and they
>> > only had Zenith VCRs and DVD players made in China!! No HDTV sets.
>> >
>> > I really want a zenith because I trust the brand.
>>
>> =====================
>> Why?
>>
>> No one in their right mind would want a Zenith HD set.
>
> While Patsy is likely uninformed about the brand and its history over the
> last decade or so, this statement is even more foolish, IMO. Ruling out a
> brand just because of the name could be a big mistake. Zenith, for
> instance
> just a few years ago, sold Hitachi built CRT RPTV sets. Those sets were a
> particularly good value if you shopped, because a lot of dealers sold them
> off at prices considerably lower than the same Hitachi products. Hitachi
> happens to have some of the most helpful tech support around and fully
> supports these chassis. I have serviced these sets using Hitachi support.
>
> Better to become informed and check things out before making a buying
> decision. Zenith products have actually been built better in the past few
> years than they were for the ten years previous. They are mostly still
> near the bottom of the list for desirable products for most of us, but
> like anything else, they deserve some consideration.
>
> Leonard

Finding a good deal is great but, I'd just as soon spare myself the time and
get a reliable brand like JVC, Panasonic, Hitachi, or Toshiba. Not that I
don't do research but, if you have a fixed amount of time, you might as
well spend it studying the well-known brands in more depth.
--
WWW: http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~jwells2
spinmaster ._______________________________________________________.
@ |When you are right you cannot be too radical; |
gmail.com |when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative. MLK|
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 10:48:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Jason Wells" <spinmaster@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:BNXNd.2881$ZZ.1495@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...
> Finding a good deal is great but, I'd just as soon spare myself the time
and
> get a reliable brand like JVC, Panasonic, Hitachi, or Toshiba. Not that I
> don't do research but, if you have a fixed amount of time, you might as
> well spend it studying the well-known brands in more depth.

If you think buying by brand will always get you the best value, you are
very much mistaken. Every brand has their dogs and types of products that
they do better or worse. You can make your decisions the way you want to,
but the fact is that no manufacturer provides the best products across the
board nor across time. Nor can you assume that any particular brand will be
the most serviceable. This varies by market and by how skilled technicians
are with a particular product. For instance, in our market, there is not a
JVC ASC within 90 miles and the company has refused to work with local
servicers when trying to help its customers.

Panasonic CRT based RPTV are consistently very soft looking and very
expensive to service because of some of the board designs. Hitachi has had
some low end RPTV sets that are virtually impossible to get red and blue
horizontal linearity right. Toshiba is having trouble supplying parts on
some sets that have bad digital convergence modules. Virtually all of them
are outsourcing low end products to companies like Funai and don't even
build some of their own branded merchandise. Good luck. At one point,
years ago, I would have even recommended not buying a Yamaha receiver, and
they have been one of the most consistently great products.

IMO, each product needs to be considered on its own merit. The manufacturer
is a good starting point, but not the basis for every buying decision.
Zenith would have been a good choice many years ago, and many people look
for the brand because of good experience in the past.

Leonard
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 6:56:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Leonard Caillouet wrote:

>
> "Jason Wells" <spinmaster@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:BNXNd.2881$ZZ.1495@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...
>> Finding a good deal is great but, I'd just as soon spare myself the time
> and
>> get a reliable brand like JVC, Panasonic, Hitachi, or Toshiba. Not that I
>> don't do research but, if you have a fixed amount of time, you might as
>> well spend it studying the well-known brands in more depth.
>
> If you think buying by brand will always get you the best value, you are
> very much mistaken. Every brand has their dogs and types of products that
> they do better or worse. You can make your decisions the way you want to,
> but the fact is that no manufacturer provides the best products across the
> board nor across time.

You totally misread my post. I advocated spending time doing more in-depth
research of brands with a good track record instead of doing a
breadth-based search hoping to get more than you pay for. Time is money and
the time it takes to find a good product from a company with a bad
track-record is not likely to pay off.

As far as servicability, you don't have to worry about that if you buy from
Circuit City, Best Buy, Good Guys, Comp USA or whatever. They sell extended
warranties with in home service in case longevity is one of your
priorities. If they can't fix it, you're lucky, you get a new TV!

And of course, every Manuf is going to sell value-added products to assist
in their bait-and-switch strategy. That's where the in-depth research comes
in...
--
WWW: http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~jwells2
spinmaster ._______________________________________________________.
@ |When you are right you cannot be too radical; |
gmail.com |when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative. MLK|
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 9:38:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Jason Wells" <spinmaster@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:ZRfOd.2428$lz5.1271@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net...

> As far as servicability, you don't have to worry about that if you buy
from
> Circuit City, Best Buy, Good Guys, Comp USA or whatever. They sell
extended
> warranties with in home service in case longevity is one of your
> priorities. If they can't fix it, you're lucky, you get a new TV!

Do you really believe that just because they sell extended warranties you
will not have problems with serviceability? If that is the case, no one
would have any problems because every dealer sells extended warranties. The
best dealers with the best service sell virtually none, however. There is
good reason for that. The warranties are often a poor value.

A warranty is only as good as the underwriter and the local company doing
the service. If that local servicer is incompetent or ineffective, your
service experience will be less than pleasant. Also, most extended warranty
companies will require repeated service events before replacing a set and
will require waits on parts in excess of 90 days before replacing a set.

For example, Toshiba digital convergence modules for the 50H72 have been on
backorder for a couple of months and they keep pushing back the ETA. How
many of these sets do you think the dealers listed above have replaced?
Actually, if the supply problems continue, Toshiba is probably as likely to
replace the set as the extended warranty companies will be. I'd bet that
Thomson replaced more of their 38" CRT sets that were unrepairable than the
extended warranty companies did, or will. There may be some benefit to
having an extended warranty in a situation like this when the set is 4-5
years old, but in the most cases the benefit does not justify the cost.

Once again, there is no substitute for doing your homework and getting to
know the people who actually do the service before you by.

Leonard
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 2:55:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.tv.tech (More info?)

I live in a rural area, and most of the people here seem to prefer
Zenith and RCA because they are American brands, but I know RCA
has been made in Mexico for a while but I still think Zenith still makes
the picture tubes in Melrose Park, Illinois. Both brands are plentiful
here (Nebraska)
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 2:55:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Alex Sims" <asims@axtelltech.com> wrote in message
news:eTmOd.6889$D34.1660@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
> I live in a rural area, and most of the people here seem to prefer
> Zenith and RCA because they are American brands, but I know RCA
> has been made in Mexico for a while but I still think Zenith still makes
> the picture tubes in Melrose Park, Illinois. Both brands are plentiful
> here (Nebraska)

Zenith is a brand owned by the Korean company LG, which has merged most of
its CRT manufacting with Philips, which is now controlled largely by the
Chinese.

RCA is a brand name owned by the Belgian company Thomson, which by now is
probably largely owned by the Chinese.

Neither makes much of anything in the US anymore, other than a few CRTs, and
those factories are going away fast. In fact, the closest thing to an
American TV company may be Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America. At least
their CRT based RPTVs are made in California, where the company is based,
though many parts are sourced from elsewhere.

Most televisions are made in Mexico and Asia. Many Sony sets are made in
Mexico, for instance, as are Mitsubishi's DLP products. It is hard to
generalize quality based on locus of assembly. There is much more to it
than that. It also makes no sense to continue to "buy american" by sticking
to traditional TV brands.

It makes much more sense to compare actual performance and compare local
service support when making a buying decision. Zenith may be the best
choice in rural areas where the servicers and dealers have been loyal to
that brand and are most familiar with it. It depends on what you have
available.

Leonard
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 6:26:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
> Do you really believe that just because they sell extended warranties you
> will not have problems with serviceability?

The point I made was that if you have an extended warranty from a place like
Circuit City(Whom owns their national service operations), it doesn't
matter if the product is serviceable. They have to replace it if they can't
fix it(And often do). I just brought that up for people are are afraid to
buy an otherwise good product for fear of difficult serviceability.

> Also, most extended
> warranty companies will require repeated service events before replacing a
> set and will require waits on parts in excess of 90 days before replacing
> a set.

If they can't fix it, they replace it. If your product breaks 3 times within
the life of the warranty at CC, they replace it...extended lemon coverage.
They even provide loners for some products.

> Once again, there is no substitute for doing your homework

Once again, I was advocating doing more homework on the well proven brands
instead of less on a larger number.
--
WWW: http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~jwells2
spinmaster ._______________________________________________________.
@ |When you are right you cannot be too radical; |
gmail.com |when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative. MLK|
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 9:45:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Jason Wells" <spinmaster@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:o vAOd.2714$lz5.2592@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net...
> Once again, I was advocating doing more homework on the well proven brands
> instead of less on a larger number.

I don't disagree with this. However, the assumptions that you make in
limiting your search and regarding service seem to me to be poor advise.
Your assumptions about brands could be just as wrong as those who assume RCA
is a good brand because their parents had one that worked for 30 years. You
assume that CC and others will provide effective service just because they
have extended warranties and because they do all of their own service. The
fact is that in many markets, their extended warranties and most of the
warranty work gets done by local independent servicers. Regardless of the
company providing the service, the quality of work, the experience with
specific products, and the willingness to work with a customer varies
greatly. The fact is that in most markets the best and the worst service is
usually found in the local independent servicers and the typical service
provided by "national" service providers like Sears or Circuit City is
usually mediocre.

In general, there is no better substitute for knowing the local techs if you
want good service and good advice.

Leonard
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 5:39:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Leonard Caillouet wrote:

>
> "Jason Wells" <spinmaster@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:o vAOd.2714$lz5.2592@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net...
>> Once again, I was advocating doing more homework on the well proven
>> brands instead of less on a larger number.
>
> I don't disagree with this. However, the assumptions that you make in
> limiting your search and regarding service seem to me to be poor advise.
> Your assumptions about brands could be just as wrong as those who assume
> RCA
> is a good brand because their parents had one that worked for 30 years.

Except that I'm not assuming anything and instead read up on products in
respected publications like Consumer Reports, Cnet, and other AV mags.

> You assume that CC and others will provide effective service just because
> they
> have extended warranties and because they do all of their own service.
> The fact is that in many markets, their extended warranties and most of
> the
> warranty work gets done by local independent servicers.

CC has hundreds of stores across the nation and you can take your product to
any of them for service if you have a warranty. And maybe you should check
out one of their service centers... If they tried to get away with not
honoring the terms of their service agreement, they'd get slapped with a
lawsuit and terrible publicity.

> Regardless of the
> company providing the service, the quality of work, the experience with
> specific products, and the willingness to work with a customer varies
> greatly. The fact is that in most markets the best and the worst service
> is usually found in the local independent servicers and the typical
> service provided by "national" service providers like Sears or Circuit
> City is usually mediocre.
>
> In general, there is no better substitute for knowing the local techs if
> you want good service and good advice.
>

I guess it's going to be hard for you to see anything that is a threat to
your business model as good for other people.

--
WWW: http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~jwells2
spinmaster ._______________________________________________________.
@ |When you are right you cannot be too radical; |
gmail.com |when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative. MLK|
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 3:51:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Jason Wells" <spinmaster@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:I%dPd.4082$aW6.201@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net...

> CC has hundreds of stores across the nation and you can take your product
to
> any of them for service if you have a warranty. And maybe you should check
> out one of their service centers... If they tried to get away with not
> honoring the terms of their service agreement, they'd get slapped with a
> lawsuit and terrible publicity.

I never said that they don't honor the terms of their service agreement. I
said that they do not do all of their own service, that independents do much
of it, and that the qualtiy of that service varies from location to
location. These are facts.

> > Regardless of the
> > company providing the service, the quality of work, the experience with
> > specific products, and the willingness to work with a customer varies
> > greatly. The fact is that in most markets the best and the worst
service
> > is usually found in the local independent servicers and the typical
> > service provided by "national" service providers like Sears or Circuit
> > City is usually mediocre.
> >
> > In general, there is no better substitute for knowing the local techs if
> > you want good service and good advice.
> >
>
> I guess it's going to be hard for you to see anything that is a threat to
> your business model as good for other people.

I am not promoting any particular business model other than good customer
service and skilled technical service. All that I have been saying is that
service varies greatly that many companies provide lousy service and lousy
customer support, and that consumers should not make assumptions. I have
seen enough people with bad experiences with Sears and Circuit City to know
how they operate, and while their systems have some merit, they are not
always providing the best service. I stand by what I said, not necessarily
what you read into it.

Leonard
!