Remote Desktop Checkbox Problem

hz6jc8

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Trying to find a way to to flag the remote desktop checkbox using a domain gpo. I have a home.local domain and after testing a successful remote desktop from server 2003 to client xp pro, i turned off the checkbox in the remote tab of my computer properties. I read and article about using a gpo when you did not want to manually set the checkbox. It said to use a windows firewall gpo to allow remote desktop exception. I added the necessary ips and localsubnet text with no luck. Any help is appreciated.

hz6jc8

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Thank You to Leonvski. I looked at the gpedit.msc method proposed above in the link and see that it is for local group policy. I used Active Directory Users and Computers on the DC , right clicked on my home.local domain, clicked on group policy tab, and followed the same path and changed it on the default domain policy. Then to make sure the client got the gpo update i ran gpupdate /force from a command line and got success. Now the client pcs get the remote desktop checkbox flagged by Domain GPO. Thank You for the article that lead me in the right direction.