Graphics Problem In Quake 3

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 14, 2004 1:40:37 AM

I'm noticing in Quake 3 that some of the graphics aren't showing up
properly. Instead I'm getting a grid like area (it looks kind of like
the background for the holodeck area in Star Trek when the holodeck is
turned off). Also, some of the jump pads and portals are grey and
textureless. Is there some setting I need to adjust? Gameplay is
not hindered - the maps just look like shite. These maps have played
properly in the past. Has anyone else had a similar problem and fixed
it? System specs are:

1.3 GHz
256 Ram
128 Geforce 4 AGP Graphics

Any advice appreciated

MD

More about : graphics problem quake

October 14, 2004 11:50:45 AM

MD wrote:
> I'm noticing in Quake 3 that some of the graphics aren't showing up
> properly. Instead I'm getting a grid like area (it looks kind of like
> the background for the holodeck area in Star Trek when the holodeck is
> turned off). Also, some of the jump pads and portals are grey and
> textureless. Is there some setting I need to adjust? Gameplay is
> not hindered - the maps just look like shite. These maps have played
> properly in the past. Has anyone else had a similar problem and fixed
> it? System specs are:
>
> 1.3 GHz
> 256 Ram
> 128 Geforce 4 AGP Graphics
>
> Any advice appreciated
>
> MD

This is due to a custom .pk3 file in your baseq folder probably,a map or a
skin you've dl'ed and installed.
Remove 1 at a time until you find which 1 is causing the problem.
October 16, 2004 2:19:10 AM

dont panic its not serious,,,its a gliche in the map...remove any new
installations recent to quake

!