Sign in with
Your question

Wallpaper wont center right

Last response: in Windows XP
September 3, 2009 9:37:11 PM

Hello everyone I have windows XP and I am having some wallpaper issues. Whenever I try applying a wallpaper the computer doesnt center it right. the image will center down and to the right and it even effects when I try stretching the image. I would love some help with fixing it. Thanks! I have a radeon x1900.

oh and I tried fixing it in the regestry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

WallpaperOriginX = 0 , WallpaperOriginY = 0

that didnt help.

More about : wallpaper wont center

September 3, 2009 10:10:00 PM

Do maximized windows do the same thing?
Maybe its the settings on your monitor
m
l
September 3, 2009 11:03:33 PM

No open windows and icons work just fine, its just the wallpaper that acts goofy
m
l
Related resources
September 4, 2009 2:26:51 PM

boby0701 said:
Hello everyone I have windows XP and I am having some wallpaper issues. Whenever I try applying a wallpaper the computer doesnt center it right. the image will center down and to the right and it even effects when I try stretching the image. I would love some help with fixing it. Thanks! I have a radeon x1900.

oh and I tried fixing it in the regestry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

WallpaperOriginX = 0 , WallpaperOriginY = 0

that didnt help.

Try this.

Right click on the desktop to bring up the desktop options (or you can go into control panel and go into it that way) and go into properties. Go to the tab where you can change your wallpaper and change the option from center to stretch and then click apply. Then try setting it back to center and apply.

If that does not work let me know. I will come up with something else.
Also, you might want to check and see how big the image is compared to your screen resolution. If the image is bigger than your screen, it will look goofy as you put it. If this is the case, simply edit and save it so that it is a little smaller then it was so it fits your screen. The stretch option though should fill the screen and make it fit to your screen.

I hope this helps.
m
l
September 4, 2009 6:38:37 PM

I tried what you asked and it didn't help. And the wallpaper is the perfect resolution for my monitor. Its almost as if the background thinks the virtual desktop is bigger then what my monitor actually is. Even if I stretch a wallpaper to fit screen it stretches the image but part of the bottom and right never get displayed, it seems like the image is zoomed in.
m
l
September 4, 2009 11:28:03 PM

This is for all wallpaper correct?
What is your current build of xp?
m
l
September 5, 2009 4:15:11 AM

yes all wallpapers. I have xp home 2002 service pack 3
m
l
September 5, 2009 1:10:06 PM

Well this is strange. I am going to go back and look at a few things and have you a better answer before the end of the day.
m
l
September 5, 2009 8:15:07 PM

Sorry no luck. I think I might give up. I tried several months ago as well with no luck, and have been dealing with it ever since.
m
l
September 5, 2009 10:50:15 PM

Have you tried the windows power tools yet?

A reinstall of windows I have found in my searches works but that is such a pain.

If you need the power tools I can zip them up for you and e-mail them your way.

Just let me know.
m
l
September 6, 2009 5:11:28 PM

lets give it a try. dodobirdking33@hotmail.com. Thanks for your time and help. I would reformat but my cd key is up with Microsoft.
m
l
September 13, 2009 11:50:15 PM

Sorry about that. Was out of the area for a few days.
I will send you a email.
m
l
!