Sign in with
Your question

How to uninstall personal security

Last response: in Windows Vista
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 16, 2009 9:17:22 AM

I want to uninstall personal security.But my computer keeps going into windows safty mode.Can anyone help me.
December 16, 2009 10:12:07 AM

What 'personal security'?
m
l
Related resources
December 20, 2009 9:38:38 PM

You do not uninstall a virus. Use an AV software to remove it. Try AVG free or something similar.
m
l
December 20, 2009 9:46:14 PM

Actually if you use that link, (it's within this forum), there are two tools suggested:
rkill.exe & mbam.exe. Both are freeware.
m
l
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 29, 2009 4:54:46 PM

I think I have deleted Personal Security (I ended up paying for PC Tools spyware Doctor), however, when I go into programs, it's still on there! If I try to uninstall it, I still get the personal security pop up. Is there any way to completely delete it from my pc? I know the virus is gone but does anyone know why it's still showing?
m
l
January 4, 2010 4:15:39 PM

Here is what I got from Symantec.

Personal Security virus will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run “Personal Security”
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{35A5B43B-CB8A-49CA-A9F4-D3B308D2E3CC}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\5FFB10D58FFCF482208906E6A889FD56
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\post platform “WinTSI 01.12.2009″

The threat will drop the following malicious files:

%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Personal Security.lnk
%UserProfile%\Desktop\Personal Security.lnk
%Program Files%\Personal Security
%Program Files%\Personal Security\personalsecurity.exe
%Program Files%\Common Files\Personal Security Uninstall
%Program Files%\Common Files\Personal Security Uninstall\Uninstall.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Personal Security
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Personal Security\Computer Scan.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Personal Security\Help.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Personal Security\Personal Security.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Personal Security\Registration.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Personal Security\Sec Center.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Personal Security\Settings.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Personal Security\Update.lnk
%WINDOWS%\system32\win32extension.dll

m
l
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 20, 2010 8:15:47 PM

hello just a bit of advice to all u personal security victims out there!!

it is actually very simple but it took me a week to work it out, i have this second got rid of it....i had tried to search the internet for a solution, however that was hard as the virus itself would kick me off the internet and made it hard to do anything at all!!!! i had tried going through all the programs and removing them but i was told i had to ask permission to do this and the virus wouldnt let me get rid of nothing!! i was so stressed out too, it would pop up ALL the time, so annoying i nearly threw the laptop out of the window.....i had even tried as the other person said to download avg but the virus wouldnt let me download it, i had mcaffee as my protection and even that wouldnt work failing to notice personal security as a virus!!!

safe mode is what you need to go into to get rid of it maybe your computer is trying to fix itself....all u have to do is do a system restore in safe mode, be patient it may not work the first time i had 3 attempts u have to be quick to get rid of it do it as soon as safe mode kicks in....windows help should come up on screen and should give u steps to do a system restore, take the computer back to a date where it was working perfect...then wait for the stysem to restore because it deletes al the files mentioned above which means no more personal security for you...good luck i cant believe it was that simple :kaola: 

then as soon as it has been removed make sure to get decent protection...avg really is one of the best ive got it and it even tells you on google which files and websites are safe to visit so you avoid anything like this in the future good luck!!!
m
l
March 9, 2010 12:46:25 AM

Hi,

just wanted to say thanks for the advice here. I've been running malwarebytes etc, etc for around 2 hours, nothing worked, then this post made me think, "I usually do this first, eediott!!!!!!" ran system restore in safe mode, voila, all Ok now. never get too complicated too fast. great stuff!!!! Tim turner
m
l
!