evga 7950 GT KO 512MB x's 2 + ASUS P5N-E SLI

Bubers

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2007
EVGA 7950 GT KO 512MB x's 2 + ASUS P5N-E SLI this is the mobo and GPU set up I have on my first build. I had the 2 EVGA cards in my Dell XPS 600 set up in SLI and they worked fine. Now that I have them set up with this ASUS mobo, every time I try to enable SLI I get a box that comes up "nvgames" and it doesn't do anything. I have everything set like I should in the BIOS (According to the instructions that came with the mobo). I have changed (total uninstall and reinstall) the drivers from nvidia I don't know how many times. I even used my buddies memory that is on the list of memory from ASUS that can be used with the board. Even though I have had no troubles with my memory. After the fresh driver install the bubble comes up saying "To enable SLI click here". I have run out of ideas to try and fix this. If anyone has any ideas I would be really greatful.

Forgot to add that I did flip the card on the mobo to for dual GPUs. (I know someone will ask lol) BIOS is set in PCI-E. The nTune monitor (not that this makes a difference) tells me the temp of both GPUs also. I think that's everything. If I forgot some information fell free to ask!

I am waiting on an EVGA 8800 GTX I just won, but I really would like to figure this issue out. If not for my own sake, then someone else that might run into this problem.

Thanks in advance

My system.

ASUS P5N-E SLI
EVGA GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3 KO HDCP
Patriot 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel @ 800MHz
Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Allendale @ 2.16 GHz
Coolmax 700 W PSU
Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
Rosewill RCX-Z775-SL 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

Bubers

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2007
Nevermind I got it finally. Had to upgrade to the 501 BIOS and use a driver cleaner to get rid of the drivers then reinstall them. For somereason it wouldn't work with the other BIOS.