Autoplay doesnt show files on software CD Windows Vista

buddykarl

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
When trying to install software on a client's PC (that is running Windows Vista Home Premium) autoplay shows a blank directory...in other words, it doesn't show files. If I look at properties, it shows the CD is full but it doesn't show any .exe or other types of files on CD. When I load the CD into my laptop running the same OS, the .exe file comes up and allows me to install the software. The client's settings on his computer are for administrator and I selected view hidden files in the folder options, yet, still nothing shows. Is there a setting I am missing or do I need to go into Regedit and change the autorun settings?

buddykarl

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009

The settings are correct. I am wondering if there are settings in his user account, even though he is an admin, when loading another piece of software, I had to say yes, to allow it to install.

Thanks for the reply though.

buddykarl

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
the problem may be more than I first anticipated and may very well be a compatibility issue with the Software and the OS. one thing not checked at first was the fact the OS is 64bit and the software is from 2005 and it may not be compatible with the 64bit OS