NTDLR is missing suddenly....what the heck?

videodood

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Hi...you all. I was just deleting copying and backing up files on my c drive before doing a new OS instalation. Possibly I unwittingly deleted something because now when I reboot I get this NTDLR IS MISSING message. Do you think I deleted something important by accident?

I tried booting with an XP in the CD rom which has been enable in the boot sequence.....but it won't even boot that. It's just giving the same error.

Is that strange or what?

videodood

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I created a little xp start up floppy disk for the 3.5 drive and even that returns the same error: "BOOT: couldn't find NTLDR Please insert another disk

This is bizarre.....I don't know why this illogical stuff always happens to me!

Just for the record, I've been in the BIOS and it is set to load the small floppy disk, the CD ROM (where my xp cd is) and lastly the hard drives. However nothing is working. Is this virus? do you think?

videodood

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Interestingly, I stuck in another boot floppy i had laying around. It started to load, then a few seconds later, a strange thing started to appear. It looked the numbers 5050 with a heart shape happy face in the place of the 0. Then the numbers just kept repeating and repeating.......

videodood

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Just a little update. I had created the old xp instalation floppy disks, tried em, but didn't work. Was getting errors.

Surprsingly, I found my ACER laptop recovery cd's and plugged them in and at least this appears to be working. I was sure my xp cd was an iso burned image and I'm sure I installed it with the boot option last time. So i'm really scratching my head on this one.

videodood

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Hi ...I think you guys can delete this thread. I'm not sure if there's anything to be learned here other than always have a good OS CD Handy.

I got a buddies CD and it worked right off the bat. I guess mine was spoiled or something. Anyways, no problems now. Thanks