deept3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Well ok here's on of the weirdest things i've ever seen.

I have a customer who's PC hangs every few minutes, while surfing the net, and listening to music. no games or any heavy activity.
(Intel E7200, Asus P5QL-PRO, 2 x Kingston KVR800/1g, Leadtek PX9500gt and JSPtech PSU)
Anyway, he brought his PC over, and i ran everest on it all day long, and the computer didn't hang up once.
I reinstalled his WinXP system (valid retail license), and he took the computer back home, and came back a day after saying it still has the same problem.
tried it over here with him, and still, pc doesn't hang.
tried to run a GPU test on it (furmark), and the graphic card got really heated up (up to about 90c) and the computer didn't hang up.
i know that sometimes usb devices do some driver issues (mainly usb cams and such) so told him to remove them aswell, and still the same... he even brought his keyboard and mouse.

what could this problem be?
this guy even tried with a different monitor (even this doesn't really make any difference) and the same.
one thing to mention, is that both audio and the screen gets hanged, so that means that it's not a monitor issue.

i don't have any ideas anymore... the only thing coming up to my head is that his electricity at home might be bad, but there has to be a more simple way to this.