Changing drive path for automatic downloads??

ccirone

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
I hope someone can help. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition. Currently my system automatically downloads to my D: drive (only has about 5G memory), which is nearly full. My C: drive has 80G memory. When downloading something, the system automatically saves it to the D: drive, unless I'm given a choice to direct the download to my C: drive, then of course I don't have a problem. However how can I get the system to recognize the C: drive as the main drive and automatically download to the C: drive?? Please help!?!? Thanks!

spinny

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Downloads from the internet are managed by whatever web browser you use to grab them. Sift through your browser's settings and you will find a place to specify the default download directory.

ccirone

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
Thanks for the reply! Fortunately, I was able to handle it. Spent all this time, went into the registry and changed the download settings for Internet Explorer. And I realized...I use Firefox! Duh...in one of the first tabs in it's settings there's a way to define your download directory, which took 5 seconds!! Oh well, at least I learned some stuff. Thanks again for your reply.