Fox Superbowl 2005 in HD!

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
February 2, 2005 6:01:48 PM

Looks like the Superbowl will be shown in HD. See the last line of this
text...

**FOX SPORTS SPECIAL**
SUPER BOWL XXXIX

FOX SPORTS PRESENTS SUPER BOWL XXXIX
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 6, ON FOX

FOX Sports presents exclusive coverage of Super Bowl XXXIX, live from
ALLTEL Stadium in Jacksonville, FL. This marks the network's fourth
Super Bowl broadcast and first Super Bowl assignments for Emmy
Award-winning play-by-play announcer Joe Buck, analyst Cris
Collinsworth and future Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman. Pam
Oliver and Chris Myers serve as game reporters. Last year's Super
Bowl was seen by an estimated 143.6 million viewers in the U.S., the
largest audience in the history of American television. This year's
broadcast of SUPER BOWL XXXIX will be seen live and on videotape by
more than 800 million people in more than 230 countries, foreign
locations, military installations and venues on Sunday, Feb. 6 (6:00 PM
ET-CC, 5:00 PM CT-CC, 4:00 PM MT-CC, 3:00 PM PT-CC) on FOX. (SP-0539)
(TV-N/A) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

More about : fox superbowl 2005

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 12:21:03 AM

Albert (albertscats@hotmail.com) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> Looks like the Superbowl will be shown in HD.

Well, duh!

This has been announced for about 2 months now. The *real* big deal is
that every camera above ground level will be true HD. The in-ground
cameras (at the 2 and 20 yard lines in the center of the field, and
near each pylon in the end zone) will be SD.

--
Jeff Rife | Radio Shack...you've got questions,
| we've got puzzled looks.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 1:56:15 AM

"Albert" <albertscats@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Looks like the Superbowl will be shown in HD. See the last line of this
>text...
>
>**FOX SPORTS SPECIAL**
>SUPER BOWL XXXIX
>
>FOX SPORTS PRESENTS SUPER BOWL XXXIX
>SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 6, ON FOX

<snip>

No offense, but was there ever any doubt that the SB would NOT be in HD?

:)
February 3, 2005 5:53:50 AM

However if your neanderthal local broadcaster does not carry the hi-def
signal or allow access to the satellite the Superbowl might as well be on
radio.
February 3, 2005 10:11:13 AM

Jeff & Jeff,

Other postings in this newsgroup were ranting about the SB NOT being
broadcast in HD.
Search the postings and see for yourself.

Sometimes, its better to give someone the benefit of a doubt before
putting them down.
February 3, 2005 11:50:59 AM

I suspect the "ranting" has more to do with the fact that many Fox
affiliates are owned by Sinclair Broadcasting, and many of these
stations' digital broadcasts are not carried by local cable providers.
The fact that Fox provides HD programming through its local affiliates,
and that the Super Bowl, in particular, will be broadcast OTA in HD, is
not in question.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 8:50:07 PM

The REAL big deal is how many HD capable viewers will NOT be allowed the HD
signal. If Fox Sports had any guts at all they'd give the HD feed to any
provider capable of passing it on along with permission to do so.

The potential negative publicity would probably keep most affiliates from
doing much about it. Besides I don't think they want to draw too much
attention to the fact that they're not getting their digital signals out
there.

!