Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Regarding Enhancements

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 2:36:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

I've just bought my first Duel Enhancements, and although I know
they're better than generic enhancements, I don't know how much
better.

My run speed, jumping and knockback are now 15 Dual, so if I don't
find any more anytime soon, at what point should I overwrite them
weith generic enhancement ? Are they better by a specific number ?
ie, a 15 Run Speed DO is equivilant to a 20 Run Speed generic ? Or
are they better by a factor ? ie, 25%, 50 % ?

Same question for specific origin enhancements.

Also, can you have a power enhanced by the same enhancements ? ie 2
Increased Damage ? Or do you have to mix SO, DO and generic if you
want to boost a power with the same enhancements ?

Thanks for any help - this is my second time playing CoH, and the fist
char I've got to 14 so it's the first time I've seen a DO
enhancement...

--

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes !
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses !
And what's with all the carrots ?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway ?
Bunnies ! Bunnies ! It must be BUNNIES !

More about : enhancements

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 2:36:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:36:39 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrote:

>I've just bought my first Duel Enhancements, and although I know
>they're better than generic enhancements, I don't know how much
>better.
>
>My run speed, jumping and knockback are now 15 Dual, so if I don't
>find any more anytime soon, at what point should I overwrite them
>weith generic enhancement ? Are they better by a specific number ?
>ie, a 15 Run Speed DO is equivilant to a 20 Run Speed generic ? Or
>are they better by a factor ? ie, 25%, 50 % ?
>
>Same question for specific origin enhancements.
>
>Also, can you have a power enhanced by the same enhancements ? ie 2
>Increased Damage ? Or do you have to mix SO, DO and generic if you
>want to boost a power with the same enhancements ?
>
>Thanks for any help - this is my second time playing CoH, and the fist
>char I've got to 14 so it's the first time I've seen a DO
>enhancement...

Enhancements grant a certain % boost to the power they're slotted into
based off your level in relation to the level of enhancement as well
as whether it's a Training/DO/SO(/Hami-O). A level 20 DO will give you
the same bonus when you're level 20 that a level 15 DO gave you when
you were level 15. Regarding the different types of enhancements, a DO
is -ALWAYS- better than a training ("TO"). Even if the DO is yellow
and the TO is red, the DO grants a better bonus. Similarly, an SO is
-always- better than a DO.

"Hami-O"s are special enhancements only dropped off Hamidon, so you
won't need to worry about those 'til level 50 and you manage to get in
on some Hami raids.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 4:13:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:36:39 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrote:

> I've just bought my first Duel Enhancements, and although I know
> they're better than generic enhancements, I don't know how much
> better.
>
> My run speed, jumping and knockback are now 15 Dual, so if I don't
> find any more anytime soon, at what point should I overwrite them
> weith generic enhancement ? Are they better by a specific number ?
> ie, a 15 Run Speed DO is equivilant to a 20 Run Speed generic ? Or
> are they better by a factor ? ie, 25%, 50 % ?
>
> Same question for specific origin enhancements.

A more expensive type of enhancement should not be replaced by a lesser
until it turns red. (By then you should be able to merge it with the next
step of the same type, so unless you are horribly broke, it should never
happen at all.) Even the level before it turns red, a dual is better than
training. Same for single vs dual.

> Also, can you have a power enhanced by the same enhancements ? ie 2
> Increased Damage ? Or do you have to mix SO, DO and generic if you
> want to boost a power with the same enhancements ?

You can have as many as you want of the same type, or you can mix them.
The only thing you cannot do is improve one type with another by merging
them. And yes, enhancements stack, so your damage will grow for each
damage enhancement you add. (A few powers may reach a maximum level, for
instance if you keep adding run speed to Superspeed, but that is not a
concern until late in the game and only with single-origin or Hamidon
enhancements.)

> Thanks for any help - this is my second time playing CoH, and the fist
> char I've got to 14 so it's the first time I've seen a DO
> enhancement...

You can actually get them at 12, if you get to the shop alive. ^_^

--
"When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
good sign." -G
Related resources
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 5:03:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:36:39 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrote:

>I've just bought my first Duel Enhancements, and although I know
>they're better than generic enhancements, I don't know how much
>better.
>
>My run speed, jumping and knockback are now 15 Dual, so if I don't
>find any more anytime soon, at what point should I overwrite them
>weith generic enhancement ? Are they better by a specific number ?
>ie, a 15 Run Speed DO is equivilant to a 20 Run Speed generic ? Or
>are they better by a factor ? ie, 25%, 50 % ?
>
>Same question for specific origin enhancements.
>
>Also, can you have a power enhanced by the same enhancements ? ie 2
>Increased Damage ? Or do you have to mix SO, DO and generic if you
>want to boost a power with the same enhancements ?
>
>Thanks for any help - this is my second time playing CoH, and the fist
>char I've got to 14 so it's the first time I've seen a DO
>enhancement...

Thanks for all the replies - I just hit 15, so have 2 slots to
'spend'. I think I'll put one in Teleport to reduce End use, and an
extra accuracy in one of my attack powers.

--

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes !
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses !
And what's with all the carrots ?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway ?
Bunnies ! Bunnies ! It must be BUNNIES !
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 6:53:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Magnus Itland schrieb:

[DOs]
> You can actually get them at 12, if you get to the shop alive. ^_^

I found that running in the middle of the street works reasonably well.
Sometimes I zig zag across the street to avoid packs of mobs but other
than that it's not that difficult to make it throught Steel Canyon for
example at that level. (Besides, I always get my first SC contacts when
I'm 9 or 10...)

~T.
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 10:04:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote:
>> Thanks for any help - this is my second time playing CoH, and the
>> fist char I've got to 14 so it's the first time I've seen a DO
>> enhancement...

> You can actually get them at 12, if you get to the shop alive. ^_^

He may not know about shops. I know I sort of discovered them by accident
around 14-15 with my first alt. And a 12 should easily be able to navigate
Steel Canyon to the shops, although Skyway might be a little tough.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 38 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= RorShok: Level 11 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 10:04:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
news:Xns963B70AAC4579nitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44...
| Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote:
| >> Thanks for any help - this is my second time playing CoH, and the
| >> fist char I've got to 14 so it's the first time I've seen a DO
| >> enhancement...
|
| > You can actually get them at 12, if you get to the shop alive. ^_^
|
| He may not know about shops. I know I sort of discovered them by accident
| around 14-15 with my first alt. And a 12 should easily be able to navigate
| Steel Canyon to the shops, although Skyway might be a little tough.

I think they ought to make stores noted on the map (as contacts are)
once they are entered and thereafter visible for the player everytime.

The game is very unfriendly against the newer players as it currently is
with failing to note Enhancement Stores when discovered on the map. I've
sent this suggestion a few times already that Enhancement Stores should be
noted on the map once discovered (any person in a big city would put a dot
on the map for an important store that they need to visit).
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 11:51:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:04:28 -0000, Shenanigunner
<shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:

>Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote:
>>> Thanks for any help - this is my second time playing CoH, and the
>>> fist char I've got to 14 so it's the first time I've seen a DO
>>> enhancement...
>
>> You can actually get them at 12, if you get to the shop alive. ^_^
>
>He may not know about shops. I know I sort of discovered them by accident
>around 14-15 with my first alt. And a 12 should easily be able to navigate
>Steel Canyon to the shops, although Skyway might be a little tough.

Are there actual shops ? Or are you both referring to buying from
contacts ?


--

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes !
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses !
And what's with all the carrots ?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway ?
Bunnies ! Bunnies ! It must be BUNNIES !
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 11:51:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

"Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
news:90c561tbg2m6kr0hkb7hvuv8p9snt1tccb@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:04:28 -0000, Shenanigunner
> <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
>
>>Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote:
>>>> Thanks for any help - this is my second time playing CoH, and the
>>>> fist char I've got to 14 so it's the first time I've seen a DO
>>>> enhancement...
>>
>>> You can actually get them at 12, if you get to the shop alive. ^_^
>>
>>He may not know about shops. I know I sort of discovered them by accident
>>around 14-15 with my first alt. And a 12 should easily be able to navigate
>>Steel Canyon to the shops, although Skyway might be a little tough.
>
> Are there actual shops ? Or are you both referring to buying from
> contacts ?

Some of the buildings you see around you are actual stores you can walk into
and buy enhancements (but not inspirations).

If you can survive long enough to get to Blayde Square in Steel Canyon there
is at least one store right off the Square, Cooke's Electronics. Cooke's
sells Level 15 and 20 tech DOs. (tech/natural and science/tech) I
originally found it when my main (natural origin) needed DOs. I'll have to
find another store when a magic or mutant alt hits a level where they need
DOs.

If you're coming up from the Yellow Line station, turn left when you get to
the big statue. Can't miss it.


--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent


"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 24 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 17 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
lmpact (F), Level 15 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 11 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Triumph
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:06:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:06:53 GMT, Vorlonagent <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:

> Some of the buildings you see around you are actual stores you can
> walk into and buy enhancements (but not inspirations).

> I'll have to find another store when a magic or mutant alt hits a
> level where they need DOs.

http://www.vidiotmaps.com

Has maps with all stores and other landmarks marked, and a
downloadable map patch to add them into the game.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free Mac Mini!
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:13:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:36:39 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrote:

>I've just bought my first Duel Enhancements, and although I know
>they're better than generic enhancements, I don't know how much
>better.

Each enhancement gives a percentage boost to the effect you've slotted
for, eg a Damage TO of your level gives +8.3% extra damage, a Damage DO
of your level gives +16.7% extra damage, and a Damage SO of your level
gives +33.3% extra damage to the power you slot them in. Then there's a
percentage adjustment up or down varying according to whether the
enhancements are higher level than you, in which case they're green and
give a few percent more, or if they're lower level than you, in which
case they're yellow and give a few percent less effect than if they were
of equal level. I don't guarantee the figures I gave above are still
correct, but that's what the value of Damage enhancements was last time
I looked them up.

>My run speed, jumping and knockback are now 15 Dual, so if I don't
>find any more anytime soon, at what point should I overwrite them
>weith generic enhancement ?

Only when you've outlevelled them so much that they're red and stop
giving you any benefits at all. But most people don't spend money on TOs
at all once DOs are available.

> Are they better by a specific number ?
>ie, a 15 Run Speed DO is equivilant to a 20 Run Speed generic ? Or
>are they better by a factor ? ie, 25%, 50 % ?
>
>Same question for specific origin enhancements.

It varies a bit by enhancement type and levels (and now also by which
power they're in), but there's one thing to remember; Any DO you can use
is better than any TO you can use, and any SO you can use is better than
any DO you can use. This is _always_ true.

>Also, can you have a power enhanced by the same enhancements ? ie 2
>Increased Damage ? Or do you have to mix SO, DO and generic if you
>want to boost a power with the same enhancements ?

Yes, you can have all 6 the same if you like. They stack, though in some
cases you get dimishing returns. Most people wouldn't want more than 2
Accuracy SOs in any power, unless they're always fighting enemies of
much higher level.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:13:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Greg Johnson schrieb:

> Only when you've outlevelled them so much that they're red and stop
> giving you any benefits at all. But most people don't spend money on TOs
> at all once DOs are available.

Some people don't spend money on enhancements at all until SOs are
available. That's what I heard. Can this be true? As a blaster I can't
imagine how I'd survive without damage and range enhancers in the levels
past 6...

~T.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:13:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:13:45 +1000, Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Each enhancement gives a percentage boost to the effect you've slotted
> for, eg a Damage TO of your level gives +8.3% extra damage, a Damage DO
> of your level gives +16.7% extra damage, and a Damage SO of your level
> gives +33.3% extra damage to the power you slot them in.

Note that this is only true for *most* Enhancements. There are some,
like Range and Defense Buff and a few others that I forget, that work
on a 5%/10%/20% system instead of 8.3%/16.7%/33.3%.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free Mac Mini!
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:13:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:56:33 +0200, Thomas Adams
<thomas.o.adams@gmail.com> wrote:

>Greg Johnson schrieb:
>
>> Only when you've outlevelled them so much that they're red and stop
>> giving you any benefits at all. But most people don't spend money on TOs
>> at all once DOs are available.
>
>Some people don't spend money on enhancements at all until SOs are
>available. That's what I heard. Can this be true? As a blaster I can't
>imagine how I'd survive without damage and range enhancers in the levels
>past 6...
>
>~T.

A lot of my missions are against higher level baddies, and I've had a
good run of enhancement drops so I rarely have to buy. Generally, I
only bothered when I levels 5, 10 and 15 general enhancements became
available.

Then again, I just hit 15 so my options have been fairly limited so
far.

--

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes !
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses !
And what's with all the carrots ?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway ?
Bunnies ! Bunnies ! It must be BUNNIES !
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:40:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote in
news:45f4611u8g28cqqt6em3vinkf23jjnimtu@4ax.com:

> "Hami-O"s are special enhancements only dropped off Hamidon, so
> you won't need to worry about those 'til level 50 and you manage
> to get in on some Hami raids.
>

Don't forget the Hydra-O (most people don't get them, because they
only farm the Kraken), Eden-O (for the Eden Trial, but that one is so
hard most people don't do it at all).

And you can get into 'The Hive' at 45, which is also the lowest level
you can use a Hami-O.

So, the strength of enhancements would be:

None (lowest)
General/Training
Dual
Single
Hydra (dual power/triple power)
Eden (dual power/triple power)
Hamidon (dual power/triple power) (highest)

On the server I'm on, there have been player sponsored special
events, that not have only influence as rewards/prizes, we just had
one that had a pool of 11 Hami-O's for prizes.

I wish they also had enhancements for doing the Striga/Firebase
Zulu/Cascade/Chantry/Shadow trials.

Then it could look like this:

None (lowest)
General/Training
Dual
Striga Isle (dual power/triple power)
Single
Hydra (dual power/triple power)
Eden (dual power/triple power)
Hamidon (dual power/triple power)
Firebase Zulu (dual power/triple power)
Cascade Archipeligio (dual power/triple power)
The Chantry (dual power/triple power)
Shadow Shard (dual power/triple power) (highest)
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:49:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:06:53 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com>
wrote:

<snip>
>If you're coming up from the Yellow Line station, turn left when you get to
>the big statue. Can't miss it.

Damn - my char is a Magic origin...

Any ideas where to shop ? She's lvl 16, and a teleporter, so getting
around tough areas is generally safe.

As long as my Endurance holds out.

--

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes !
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses !
And what's with all the carrots ?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway ?
Bunnies ! Bunnies ! It must be BUNNIES !
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:49:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:49:52 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:06:53 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com>
>wrote:
>
><snip>
>>If you're coming up from the Yellow Line station, turn left when you get to
>>the big statue. Can't miss it.
>
>Damn - my char is a Magic origin...
>
>Any ideas where to shop ?

Behind the hospital. Brick building. As I recall, there's a skull or
two by the door on the top of the steps. Pandora's Box, I think it was
called?

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:55:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:56:33 +0200, Thomas Adams
<thomas.o.adams@gmail.com> wrote:

>Greg Johnson schrieb:
>
>> Only when you've outlevelled them so much that they're red and stop
>> giving you any benefits at all. But most people don't spend money on TOs
>> at all once DOs are available.
>
>Some people don't spend money on enhancements at all until SOs are
>available. That's what I heard. Can this be true? As a blaster I can't
>imagine how I'd survive without damage and range enhancers in the levels
>past 6...

Now I know what I'm doing, most of my characters could have gone without
buying any enhancements until DOs easily. SOs would be a lot harder, but
I guess some builds might make it, particularly if they don't solo at
all.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:55:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

"Greg Johnson" <greg.gsj@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:9gq461dmrh1jaefv14fbogtusk84ql6lmf@4ax.com...

>>Some people don't spend money on enhancements at all until SOs are
>>available. That's what I heard. Can this be true? As a blaster I can't
>>imagine how I'd survive without damage and range enhancers in the levels
>>past 6...
>
> Now I know what I'm doing, most of my characters could have gone without
> buying any enhancements until DOs easily. SOs would be a lot harder, but
> I guess some builds might make it, particularly if they don't solo at
> all.

Certainly my characters make it to level 7-8 when they can get level 10 TOs.
Level 5's just chew up good influence.

I will often slot my enhancements with stuff I pick up while out fighting.
That means I often have yellow enhancements but I have*something*. The
amount of influence lost is minor and I get most of what the enhancement is
going to give.

If I'm in the middle of a mission or an extended hunt and my unused
enhancements fill up, I will slot one if possible to make room. Sometimes I
have to delete one if none will slot. Especially when my character is high
enough level for bad guys to drop DOs. I will always delete TOs to make
room for the possibility of DOs.


--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent


"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 24 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 17 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
lmpact (F), Level 15 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 11 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Triumph
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 4:50:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:56:33 +0200, Thomas Adams
<thomas.o.adams@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some people don't spend money on enhancements at all until SOs are
> available. That's what I heard. Can this be true? As a blaster I can't
> imagine how I'd survive without damage and range enhancers in the levels
> past 6...

I assume they use dropped enhancements. For the first 20 levels, you can
do pretty well with only training, and after that you start getting dual
drops. Still, it seems to be pointless gimping. It's not like you are
going to be permanently broke. Even my characters, which avoid defeat
whenever possible, tend to be broke only for a couple levels during the
transition from DO to SO. If you spend most of your life in debt, as
blasters tend to do, you will have almost twice as much influence by then,
which should translate into no problem at all.

--
"When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
good sign." -G
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:01:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll wrote:
> Trainings sell for the same everywhere last I looked.
>

Nope, you'll get more at the Freedom Corp HQ than you will at the
Origin specific stores.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 1:01:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Robotech_Master wrote:
>
>
> Actually, Trainings sell for more at the Training Enhancement store
> (north of the tram in Steel, NW corner of the map in Indy, etc.).
But
> they're worth so little as it is that it's really not worth the
> trouble to go out of one's way.
>

I usually do my selling in Talos Island (in the 20s and 30s). I find
all the stores are easy to get to and Freedom Corps isn't out of the
way there. If I'm in a hurry I drop my TOs at the closest vendor or
delete them.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:37:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> looked up from reading the entrails of
the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:06:53 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com>
>wrote:
>
><snip>
>>If you're coming up from the Yellow Line station, turn left when you get to
>>the big statue. Can't miss it.
>
>Damn - my char is a Magic origin...
>
>Any ideas where to shop ? She's lvl 16, and a teleporter, so getting
>around tough areas is generally safe.
>
>As long as my Endurance holds out.

For DOs, You can shop at the magic store that's 1 block north of the
hospital in steel and about 2 blocks east of the atlas entrance in
skyway (both are called Pandora's Box.)
Since You're in the Double Origin levels, you can also get the magic DOs
(magic/nature, magic/mutation) at the mutation and nature stores.

In steel the mutation store is the easiest to get to, go nw from the
train till you hit the fence, go west along the fence looking down at
the building on the lower level, when you see a tall building with
silver vents coming out the sides of the upper bit, that's the mutation
store, jump over the fence, and down onto it then make your way to the
ground. In skyway the mutation store is horribly inconvenient to
reach - way down in the lowest level of the se corner - I generally
don't bother, since there's always somewhere more convenient to shop.

Natural - In steel it's on the east side of the park that's by the perez
gate (called image inc), in skyway it's on the lower level on the east
side of the big sandpit that's filled with lost, which is a few blocks
south of the train and a little bit east.

One note, since I'm not sure if anyone else has told you, when selling
the better enhancements (DOs SOs), sell them at a store that sells that
kind (IE selling a mut/mag enhance at the magic or mutation store).
If you sell them to a store that doesn't carry that type (IE a magic so
at a tech store), you'll only get about 2/3rds the inf you'd get a store
that does carry them.
Trainings sell for the same everywhere last I looked.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:53:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Thomas Adams <thomas.o.adams@gmail.com> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
say:

>Greg Johnson schrieb:
>
>> Only when you've outlevelled them so much that they're red and stop
>> giving you any benefits at all. But most people don't spend money on TOs
>> at all once DOs are available.
>
>Some people don't spend money on enhancements at all until SOs are
>available. That's what I heard. Can this be true? As a blaster I can't
>imagine how I'd survive without damage and range enhancers in the levels
>past 6...

Here's why.
at level 6 you're blasting for around 10-15 points of damage.
A training damage enhancement will boost that by 8.3%
So your 10 becomes 10.83.

The same thing goes for shields - IE focused fighting - 20% base def, a
TO def enhancer gives you 5% (not 8.33%) boost.
That's 5% of that 20%, not a raw 5%, which gives you a whopping 21% def
instead of 20% - not really enough to make a difference. A DO boosts it
to 22 and a SO to 24 (but by this time it's fully slotted and 5 def SOs
boosts that 20% to 40%, which is a worthwhile increase.)

The only things I enhance before DOs at 12 are accuracy (3 ac TOs = +25
acc on the 75% base vs white con for an additive 100%[95%capped], not
25% of the 75% base), endurance reducers (cause every little bit helps
in the days before stamina) and recharge reducers (again they do boost
the recharge rate a bit.)

Damage is a waste of time since it's a small percentage of your already
low damage.

I'll buy the accuracy TOs, i'll use drops for the rest - this will let
me sell everything else and save up enough that I will be able to buy
the essential DOs when I hit 12, and the rest probably before 13.
Follow the same practice and not combine DOs for the most part and
you'll save enough to buy all new 20DOs at 17.

The other thing to consider is that _some_ people don't need to buy
enhancements before SOs, since they're getting power-leveled and aren't
actually using their attacks anyway.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:56:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> looked up from reading the entrails of
the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
<snip>
>I wish they also had enhancements for doing the Striga/Firebase
>Zulu/Cascade/Chantry/Shadow trials.
>
>Then it could look like this:
>
>None (lowest)
>General/Training
>Dual
>Striga Isle (dual power/triple power)
>Single
>Hydra (dual power/triple power)
>Eden (dual power/triple power)
>Hamidon (dual power/triple power)
>Firebase Zulu (dual power/triple power)
>Cascade Archipeligio (dual power/triple power)
>The Chantry (dual power/triple power)
>Shadow Shard (dual power/triple power) (highest)

Er I think you meant Storm Palace instead of Shadow Shard, since Shadow
Shard refers to the whole 4 zones.

And what funky zones they are too.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:45:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

J Anlee wrote:

> Don't forget the Hydra-O (most people don't get them, because they
> only farm the Kraken), Eden-O (for the Eden Trial, but that one is so
> hard most people don't do it at all).

I ran and completed both of these this weekend, Eden was great fun in
particular.

Alas, the -Os I got were a Damage/Range and a Damage/Mez.
And I was playing my BS/Regen, so no use to me.
And no one else on the team got anything to swap either (the exemplared
folks on the Titan trial didn't actually get any Eden-O, just the
badges.)

--
| Victory Server: Global chat handle: @JohnP |
| Brother Grim - Level 41 Scrapper (Broadsword/Regeneration) |
| Bex - Level 34 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |
| Amaryll - Level 19 Defender (Empathy/Radiation) |
| Gravometric - Level 18 Controller (Gravity/Radiation) |
| Superheated - Level 5 Tanker (Fire/Ice) |
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 6:17:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll wrote:
> Well I know that was true once, and then they changed it so that it
was
> the same. For a while you also got more selling to the one near the
> trainer and synapse in skyway, but that too got lowered to average.
>
> Have they raised the selling price again in the freedom corp shops?
>

It was last time I checked (don't recall how long ago that was). I'm
running a lvl 19 now, I'll double check prices at both types of vendors
next time I go to sell.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 7:04:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:37:06 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:

> Trainings sell for the same everywhere last I looked.

Actually, Trainings sell for more at the Training Enhancement store
(north of the tram in Steel, NW corner of the map in Indy, etc.). But
they're worth so little as it is that it's really not worth the
trouble to go out of one's way.

Again, http://www.vidiotmaps.com will show you where ALL the stores
are. (And you can download the map patch to add that functionality
in-game, too.)
--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free Mac Mini!
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 9:12:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>
>Xocyll wrote:
>> Trainings sell for the same everywhere last I looked.
>>
>
>Nope, you'll get more at the Freedom Corp HQ than you will at the
>Origin specific stores.

Well I know that was true once, and then they changed it so that it was
the same. For a while you also got more selling to the one near the
trainer and synapse in skyway, but that too got lowered to average.

Have they raised the selling price again in the freedom corp shops?

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 10:39:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:12:51 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> looked up from reading the entrails
>of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
>>
>>Xocyll wrote:
>>> Trainings sell for the same everywhere last I looked.
>>>
>>
>>Nope, you'll get more at the Freedom Corp HQ than you will at the
>>Origin specific stores.
>
>Well I know that was true once, and then they changed it so that it was
>the same.

No, as of an hour ago, the Freedom Corp HQ (And vendors "in the
field") still pay more for TO's than the DO/SO stores do.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 6:21:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
news:3hi7611mglkir8175ltn6na6d4e44otkb8@4ax.com:

> Er I think you meant Storm Palace instead of Shadow Shard, since
> Shadow Shard refers to the whole 4 zones.
>
> And what funky zones they are too.
>
> Xocyll

Yeah....'The Storm Palace'

Was really tired....just remembered the words Shadow Shard.

Faathim's TF....fun times.... Have done it twice. Once in 6.5 hours,
once in 7.75 hours. It's the dang trip back to paragon for the two
travels to the Magic Witch in Atlas and 2 indoor missions in random
places....and the tram mission that makes it THE longest TF I have ever
done.
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 1:53:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

"J Anlee" <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote in message
news:Xns963CD9433F087janleeameritechne@207.115.63.158...
| Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
| news:3hi7611mglkir8175ltn6na6d4e44otkb8@4ax.com:
|
| > Er I think you meant Storm Palace instead of Shadow Shard, since
| > Shadow Shard refers to the whole 4 zones.
| >
| > And what funky zones they are too.
| >
| > Xocyll
|
| Yeah....'The Storm Palace'
|
| Was really tired....just remembered the words Shadow Shard.
|
| Faathim's TF....fun times.... Have done it twice. Once in 6.5 hours,
| once in 7.75 hours. It's the dang trip back to paragon for the two
| travels to the Magic Witch in Atlas and 2 indoor missions in random
| places....and the tram mission that makes it THE longest TF I have ever
| done.

If you jump into empty space on the Firebase Zulu map, you appear near
the start of that map (I went 3 jumps in at level 41 and the quickest way
back was to fall into emptiness --- no death happens). It is the quickest
way back to the start of the map with the least fuss.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:17:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

"George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote in
news:116bi0b141jgfc9@corp.supernews.com:

> If you jump into empty space on the Firebase Zulu map, you appear
> near
> the start of that map (I went 3 jumps in at level 41 and the quickest
> way back was to fall into emptiness --- no death happens). It is the
> quickest way back to the start of the map with the least fuss.
>
>

Oh I have no problems with the fast way out.....even after Faathim sent us
to Bricks or Perez.

It's the trip back.

Why don't they give that guy a cell phone?
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 2:43:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:56:33 +0200, Thomas Adams <thomas.o.adams@gmail.com>
scribed into the ether:

>Greg Johnson schrieb:
>
>> Only when you've outlevelled them so much that they're red and stop
>> giving you any benefits at all. But most people don't spend money on TOs
>> at all once DOs are available.
>
>Some people don't spend money on enhancements at all until SOs are
>available. That's what I heard. Can this be true? As a blaster I can't
>imagine how I'd survive without damage and range enhancers in the levels
>past 6...

I never, ever buy training enhancements, but DOs are too nice to skip.

You continue to slot powers as the slots become available, but you just
rely on dropped enhancements rather than spending pointless money on it.
The difference between an empty slot and a training enhancement (except in
the case of accuracy) is almost nonexistant.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 7:13:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:43:45 GMT, Matt Frisch
<matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

> I never, ever buy training enhancements, but DOs are too nice to skip.

Of course, once you get a single character into the 40s, the whole
money-saving thing becomes academic--unless you start on a new server,
and even then you can usually find someone with high-level characters
there and low-level characters where your high-level are, to swap Inf
with.

Of course, if they increase the cost of Enhancements as they've
intimated they might in the future, it's going to throw everyone's
budgetary considerations out of whack...

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free Mac Mini!
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 7:30:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

In article <slrnd6i54i.djd.robotech@terrania.homelinux.org>,
Robotech_Master wrote:
> Of course, once you get a single character into the 40s, the whole
> money-saving thing becomes academic--unless you start on a new server,
> and even then you can usually find someone with high-level characters
> there and low-level characters where your high-level are, to swap Inf
> with.
>
> Of course, if they increase the cost of Enhancements as they've
> intimated they might in the future, it's going to throw everyone's
> budgetary considerations out of whack...

Well, it'll mean people have to play their level 50s more to bankroll
their low-levels. Other than that, not so much.

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of
scholars remain for an eternity." - Ulughbek
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 8:00:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll wrote:

> If they raise the lower end it's going to be insane since you don't earn
> anywhere near enough for SOs at 22 as it is.

Funny, all of my characters have been able to start buying SOs at 22. They
can't fully trick themselves out, of course, but they can make a good start.

I do wonder what people are wasting influence on.

--
Dennis F. Heffernan CoH: Venture (Virtue) hefferman@comcast.net
#include <disclaim.h> MS Messenger: Venture

"And I say now these kittens, they do not get trained/As we did in the days
when Victoria reigned!" -- T.S. Eliot, "Gus, the Theatre Cat"
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 9:35:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

"Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
news:757i61p3v9tchfb19apli8rlgfm12r9hdv@4ax.com...
> Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
> of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
> They had to know how much inf the high end players would accumulate
> didn't they?
> Or did they not have any experience with the high end themselves and
> thus not see the problem?

They should have been able to calculate it out.


> The whole "i've nothing else to do with it so i'll give it to lowbies"
> routine has just spawned hordes of inf beggars and contest whores.

But it makes for neat gifts and good community too. If it weren't for the
lazy players...


> All because the Devs didn't foresee that the highend inf earning was an
> order of magnitude more than costs.

I'd bet INF costs increasing lineraly and inf awards increasing more.

My mian is still too small to be doing anything but scraping for every last
bit he can get.


--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent


"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 24 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 17 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
lmpact (F), Level 15 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 11 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Triumph
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 11:13:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:13:22 GMT, Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org>
scribed into the ether:

>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:43:45 GMT, Matt Frisch
><matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>
>> I never, ever buy training enhancements, but DOs are too nice to skip.
>
>Of course, once you get a single character into the 40s, the whole
>money-saving thing becomes academic--

40s? Pfft, the last level 35 that I deleted to remake had in excess of 10
million influence.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 11:14:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:01:04 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> scribed
into the ether:

>Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
>of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
>>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:43:45 GMT, Matt Frisch
>><matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I never, ever buy training enhancements, but DOs are too nice to skip.
>>
>>Of course, once you get a single character into the 40s, the whole
>>money-saving thing becomes academic--unless you start on a new server,
>>and even then you can usually find someone with high-level characters
>>there and low-level characters where your high-level are, to swap Inf
>>with.
>
>Tell me about it. My 50 is on Liberty, my new scrapper is on Victory,
>and hit 22 last night. Just a mere 552,960 inf short of able to buy all
>her SOs.

You hit level 22 with zero influence? 500k is about what it costs for a
full load...
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 11:14:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
say:

>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:01:04 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> scribed
>into the ether:
>
>>Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
>>of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>>
>>>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:43:45 GMT, Matt Frisch
>>><matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I never, ever buy training enhancements, but DOs are too nice to skip.
>>>
>>>Of course, once you get a single character into the 40s, the whole
>>>money-saving thing becomes academic--unless you start on a new server,
>>>and even then you can usually find someone with high-level characters
>>>there and low-level characters where your high-level are, to swap Inf
>>>with.
>>
>>Tell me about it. My 50 is on Liberty, my new scrapper is on Victory,
>>and hit 22 last night. Just a mere 552,960 inf short of able to buy all
>>her SOs.
>
>You hit level 22 with zero influence? 500k is about what it costs for a
>full load...

No I hit 22 with over 300k.
I slotted up a bunch of things and then calculated how much the rest of
it would cost.
4 recharge @ 27900
5 Accuracy @ 29952
6 damage @ 30000
4 end/red @ 27900

That's after the 3 end recoveries, health, jump, runspeed, 2 recharge, 4
defense, and 2 end reducers.

23 now, and i've made enough from missions and enhancement drops to buy
two more rechargers, an acc and 2 more end recoveries.
Mostly i've been getting training drops, and even those come slowly - IE
missions where I get a total of two training enhancements after killing
everything.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 12:04:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Dennis Francis Heffernan <hefferman@comcast.net> wrote:
> I do wonder what people are wasting influence on.

+. ++. Awakens. Excessive Respite/CABs. They add up, especially those
first two.

1) Never buy a +/++ Enhancement - ever. Only buy a white or yellow
Enhancement for critical powers. Combine critical dropped ones
(Acc/Dam/Def) if they're low enough that the Inf is disposable.

2) Carry ONE awaken for those rare situations where it's a far better
deal to wake and carry on than go to the hospital. Never buy them except
for missions deep in hazard zones, where the loss of time getting back
from the hospital would hurt.

3) Wait, and rest when you can - never fire Respite/CABs except to carry
on a battle.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 38 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= RorShok: Level 16 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 1:18:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

In article <Xns964084B8A57A6nitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
Shenanigunner wrote:
> 2) Carry ONE awaken for those rare situations where it's a far better
> deal to wake and carry on than go to the hospital. Never buy them except
> for missions deep in hazard zones, where the loss of time getting back
> from the hospital would hurt.

This is true. Awakens really do add up, especially at the low end. I
rarely carry more than one unless on a task force, and even then, only
if there are no Rez'ers along.

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of
scholars remain for an eternity." - Ulughbek
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 6:35:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:31:22 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> scribed
into the ether:

>Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> looked up from reading the
>entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
>say:
>
>>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:01:04 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> scribed
>>into the ether:
>>
>>>Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
>>>of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>>>
>>>>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:43:45 GMT, Matt Frisch
>>>><matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I never, ever buy training enhancements, but DOs are too nice to skip.
>>>>
>>>>Of course, once you get a single character into the 40s, the whole
>>>>money-saving thing becomes academic--unless you start on a new server,
>>>>and even then you can usually find someone with high-level characters
>>>>there and low-level characters where your high-level are, to swap Inf
>>>>with.
>>>
>>>Tell me about it. My 50 is on Liberty, my new scrapper is on Victory,
>>>and hit 22 last night. Just a mere 552,960 inf short of able to buy all
>>>her SOs.
>>
>>You hit level 22 with zero influence? 500k is about what it costs for a
>>full load...
>
>No I hit 22 with over 300k.
>I slotted up a bunch of things and then calculated how much the rest of
>it would cost.
>4 recharge @ 27900
>5 Accuracy @ 29952
>6 damage @ 30000
>4 end/red @ 27900

That seems excessively high...did they raise the cost of those SOs? I took
several months off, but every time in the past when I'd reached 22, I never
had any trouble in buying a full load.

But then, I also don't require such large numbers of the most expensive
enhancements. 10-20 Defbuff or Damres SOs is quite a savings, since those
are considerably cheaper.

>23 now, and i've made enough from missions and enhancement drops to buy
>two more rechargers, an acc and 2 more end recoveries.
>Mostly i've been getting training drops, and even those come slowly - IE
>missions where I get a total of two training enhancements after killing
>everything.

Strange, my new char is starting to get DOs as random drops on about a 1:30
basis, at only level 17. in the 15-19 range, I usually run out of missions
in the late 18, early 19 range, and I usually head out to the islands north
of Talos and smack the yellow/orange (red with heavy skittle support) CoT
that hang out there for level 20 and the new contacts. They drop DOs a
*lot*.
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 6:35:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
say:
>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:31:22 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> scribed
>into the ether:
>>Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> looked up from reading the
>>entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
>>say:
>>>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:01:04 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> scribed
>>>into the ether:
>>>>Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
>>>>of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>>>>
>>>>>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:43:45 GMT, Matt Frisch
>>>>><matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I never, ever buy training enhancements, but DOs are too nice to skip.
>>>>>
>>>>>Of course, once you get a single character into the 40s, the whole
>>>>>money-saving thing becomes academic--unless you start on a new server,
>>>>>and even then you can usually find someone with high-level characters
>>>>>there and low-level characters where your high-level are, to swap Inf
>>>>>with.
>>>>
>>>>Tell me about it. My 50 is on Liberty, my new scrapper is on Victory,
>>>>and hit 22 last night. Just a mere 552,960 inf short of able to buy all
>>>>her SOs.
>>>
>>>You hit level 22 with zero influence? 500k is about what it costs for a
>>>full load...
>>
>>No I hit 22 with over 300k.
>>I slotted up a bunch of things and then calculated how much the rest of
>>it would cost.
>>4 recharge @ 27900
>>5 Accuracy @ 29952
>>6 damage @ 30000
>>4 end/red @ 27900
>
>That seems excessively high...did they raise the cost of those SOs? I took
>several months off, but every time in the past when I'd reached 22, I never
>had any trouble in buying a full load.

I don't think so.

In fact i'm pretty sure they've stayed the same for some time if not
from day 1. I originally gave my alts 1 million inf to cover their
traingin/DOs/first batch of SOs and that seemed to work well.
But of course this character isn't on the same server as the 50, so
that's out.

>But then, I also don't require such large numbers of the most expensive
>enhancements. 10-20 Defbuff or Damres SOs is quite a savings, since those
>are considerably cheaper.

That may be it.

>>23 now, and i've made enough from missions and enhancement drops to buy
>>two more rechargers, an acc and 2 more end recoveries.
>>Mostly i've been getting training drops, and even those come slowly - IE
>>missions where I get a total of two training enhancements after killing
>>everything.
>
>Strange, my new char is starting to get DOs as random drops on about a 1:30
>basis, at only level 17. in the 15-19 range, I usually run out of missions
>in the late 18, early 19 range, and I usually head out to the islands north
>of Talos and smack the yellow/orange (red with heavy skittle support) CoT
>that hang out there for level 20 and the new contacts. They drop DOs a
>*lot*.

Oh they drop sometimes, it's just rare as hell and has no underlying
reason to it.

I cleared an entire mission of council (on rugged) all of the yellow or
orange (and a purple boss) and got a whopping 2 training enhancements.

Then just a little while ago I beat up some blue con council on the
street (a pack of about 8) and got 3 DOs out of them.

24 now, both my main attacks now have an acc SO, 2 acc dos, 2 dam DOs
and what was an end reducer DO but has gone red.
Still almost 300k worth to slot the other acc SO, 3Dam SOs and end
reducer SO int he two attacks.

At the rate i'm going i'll be lucky to have slotted all SOs before I hit
27.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 2:26:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

"Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> looked up from reading the entrails of
the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>
>"Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
>news:757i61p3v9tchfb19apli8rlgfm12r9hdv@4ax.com...
>> Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
>> of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>>
>> They had to know how much inf the high end players would accumulate
>> didn't they?
>> Or did they not have any experience with the high end themselves and
>> thus not see the problem?
>
>They should have been able to calculate it out.

I have limited faith in the CoH Devs ability to _calculate_ anything,
they've shown time and again they can't do it.

If they'd actually played a character up they'd see just how much
influence racks up just in normal play.

Remember, these are the people who _calculated_ that a power with an 4
second activation, 4 second recharge and 10 end cost was exactly the
same as one with a 1 second activation, 4 second recharge and 10 end
cost.

That didn't change until Statesman actually played MA and saw with his
own eyes that activation time does matter.

>> The whole "i've nothing else to do with it so i'll give it to lowbies"
>> routine has just spawned hordes of inf beggars and contest whores.
>
>But it makes for neat gifts and good community too. If it weren't for the
>lazy players...

It can indeed, but once people see it happening they see a shortcut.

Doesn't help that in the early game you're starving for influence and
never have enough to cover your needs.

>> All because the Devs didn't foresee that the highend inf earning was an
>> order of magnitude more than costs.
>
>I'd bet INF costs increasing lineraly and inf awards increasing more.
>
>My mian is still too small to be doing anything but scraping for every last
>bit he can get.

It's odd in a way. With Shadeling (MA/reg) I remember hitting IP around
20 and doing a lot of street hunting and having no problem at all buying
all (or at least most) of my SOs at 22.

Must have been luckier with drops I guess, since the inf is coming much
slower on Jade Wyvern (MA/SR), though if anything she's leveling MUCH
faster. What a difference it makes to just attack _groups_ of enemies
and survive to walk away, by not getting hit much - Shadeling couldn't
do that till around 31 when IH was full slotted up.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 11:22:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote:
> Regarding the different types of enhancements, a DO
>is -ALWAYS- better than a training ("TO"). Even if the DO is yellow
>and the TO is red, the DO grants a better bonus. Similarly, an SO is
>-always- better than a DO.
>

One edit: "Even if the DO is yellow and the TO is *green*..."

A red enhancement provides no bonus whatsoever. It is equivilant to an
empty slot. (I think this is what you meant to type, though...)

-R

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / doc@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/
Gafilk 2006: Jan 6-8, 2006 -- Atlanta, GA -- http://www.gafilk.org/
!