Computer often freezing for no apparent reason

probull3t

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
I built a gaming rig at the end of June, and at first I noticed every once in a while the mouse icon would stutter a lot when moving, then it'd be fine. Figured it was maybe just interference with bluetooth, as I'm using a Logitech MX 5500. However, last night while listening to music on iTunes, it started happening again and the audio would cut in and out with distortion until I just closed iTunes completely. The issue came up again today while using Steam and iTunes at the same time and it forced me to quit both programs, as it didn't look like it was going to stop. Now, I've just noticed it again while trying to play a flash video online.

Any clues as to what this disturbance is?

Core i5 2500k
ASUS P8P67 EVO
ASUS DCII ENGTX 570

probull3t

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010

I have a Corsair 750W Modular Professional Series PSU

probull3t

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010

Video driver problems could be very possible. My temps always seem to be stable and my cpu is cooled by a Corsair H50 liquid cooler. Speedfan does not seem to correctly read the core temps, but I've never had a problem come up before telling me to shut down.

I'll try running in safe mode soon.

deicidechaos

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Try using task manager to view your performance. Check to see if any programs are running you are unaware of, and check the CPU usage and Memory Usages is well.
Let us know how you go.