Trouble installing EVGA 7900GS Drivers from CD!

bgstewar

Distinguished
May 16, 2007
OK...more problems with my first build (my frustration is mounting)...

I finally got Vista to load. So I'm in my OS, tooling around. Things look great. I go and make sure Windows recognizes my video card, which is does. It somehow has the drivers installed, even though I never got the "Windows found new hardware, let us install the drivers" message.

Anyway...I put the EVGA driver CD into my machine to install the latest drivers. The EVGA logo pops up, and then I get a window with NOTHING in it. It's pure white, and nothing happens. It's got the EVGA logo on top, but nothing in the window.

So I put the CD in my laptop to see if there's anything on it. It runs perfectly and has all the prompts for installing the drivers.

I restart my new system, load the CD, SAME THING. Am I missing something obvious here? Why is it a blank window? I even tried exploring the CD-Rom drive, and tried loading the setup.exe program, and same thing. What gives???

You wouldnt have needed drivers in the first instance cards will display without them but not as well or efficiantly without the proper drivers,like a default setting if you will.
Alot of people on this and other forums would advocate to never use the driver discs that come with a card as they may well be out of date by the time you get the card it is generally considered best practice to get the latest drivers fronm the company website.

Mactronix