quake3 single player?

Hi.

Recently got quake3 working on my linux box. The free opensource version.
I got OpenQuartz, and quake2 up, so I thought I might give it a go.

From the demo screens, it looks spectacular! But are there any SP levels I
can download and play? I don't have broadband, so if there aren't any
single player levels I can tinker with it's pretty useless to me.

"Flash Jack" <nobody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Recently got quake3 working on my linux box. The free opensource version.
> I got OpenQuartz, and quake2 up, so I thought I might give it a go.
>
> From the demo screens, it looks spectacular! But are there any SP levels I
> can download and play? I don't have broadband, so if there aren't any
> single player levels I can tinker with it's pretty useless to me.

There isn't a 'traditional' single-player like Q2, but you can play Q3 maps
offline against computer-controlled opponents.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:28:02 +0100, "EvilBill"
<devlin_wright@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>"Flash Jack" <nobody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi.
>>
>> Recently got quake3 working on my linux box. The free opensource version.
>> I got OpenQuartz, and quake2 up, so I thought I might give it a go.
>>
>> From the demo screens, it looks spectacular! But are there any SP levels I
>> can download and play? I don't have broadband, so if there aren't any
>> single player levels I can tinker with it's pretty useless to me.
>
>There isn't a 'traditional' single-player like Q2, but you can play Q3 maps
>offline against computer-controlled opponents.

Q3 is pretty much boring in single play. Why not try Enemy Territory
in multiplayer ? Its based on Q3 and free !

"tom" <thomasdirks@gmx.de> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:28:02 +0100, "EvilBill"
> <devlin_wright@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>"Flash Jack" <nobody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Recently got quake3 working on my linux box. The free opensource
>>> version.
>>> I got OpenQuartz, and quake2 up, so I thought I might give it a go.
>>>
>>> From the demo screens, it looks spectacular! But are there any SP levels
>>> can download and play? I don't have broadband, so if there aren't any
>>> single player levels I can tinker with it's pretty useless to me.
>>
>>There isn't a 'traditional' single-player like Q2, but you can play Q3
>>maps
>>offline against computer-controlled opponents.
>>
> Q3 is pretty much boring in single play. Why not try Enemy Territory
> in multiplayer ? Its based on Q3 and free !

The guy doesn't have broadband so he'd be at a major disadvantage in
multiplayer these days. <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)