voteing ?

humm, lastnight on my own server, my clan m8s and i were playing with the
arena locked, some ass named yo logged on, and started telling us what a
bunch of losers we were for locking the arena, then he called a vote and
kicked us all at once,
how is this possible ?
my m8s told me i should disable voting so i wouldn't happen again, but i
like leaving voting on so when people join the server with out me or one of
my m8s there they can vote for 2/2 or map changes, and so on.
any advice ?
tks all.
peace

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

newb wrote:
> humm, lastnight on my own server, my clan m8s and i were playing with
> the arena locked, some ass named yo logged on, and started telling us
> what a bunch of losers we were for locking the arena, then he called
> a vote and kicked us all at once,
> how is this possible ?
> my m8s told me i should disable voting so i wouldn't happen again,
> but i like leaving voting on so when people join the server with out
> me or one of my m8s there they can vote for 2/2 or map changes, and
> so on.
> any advice ?
> tks all.
> peace

It isn't possible if he didn't get the majority voting in favour of
kicking you all off.Surely your mates voted no to his vote.
You say it was your server then you are admin or have control so just
kick trouble causers,ban em if you like.

yea, im running q3 version 132, rocket arena 176.

newb wrote:
> yea, im running q3 version 132, rocket arena 176.
>
> "newb" <longhorntrans@ev1.net> wrote in message
>> humm, lastnight on my own server, my clan m8s and i were playing
>> with the arena locked, some ass named yo logged on, and started
>> telling us what a bunch of losers we were for locking the arena,
>> then he called a vote and kicked us all at once,
>> how is this possible ?
>> my m8s told me i should disable voting so i wouldn't happen again,
>> but i like leaving voting on so when people join the server with out
>> me or one of
>> my m8s there they can vote for 2/2 or map changes, and so on.
>> any advice ?
>> tks all.
>> peace

Ah, the old callvote bug! I thought they fixed that an update or two ago,
apparently not :( Instead of locking the arena you're in, maybe you should
set a password so the troublemakers can't even connect to the server. I'd
also email the ra3 dev team and see if they can look into it further, since
they seem to be updating the mod a lot more frequently than crt ever did.