DN 811 & Samsung TXN3075WHF

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
February 2, 2005 9:10:53 PM

I recently put these two items together to join in on the HD excitement. My
Samsung HDTV Monitor does have resolution of 480p/480i and 1080i. The 811
of course offers all 3 resolutions. I am assuming that my Samsung
automatically adjusts the resolution to whatever the 811 is putting out
whether it be 480 or 1080. When I try to use the 811 menus to adjust the
resolution, at 780 and 1080, the picture is too large, so I leave it set at
480p. I have been able to watch the HD programming available on Dish and on
my OTA antenna. The tech specs on my Samsung state that it has 2 sets of
"auto sensing" 1080i/480p/480i component inputs. This is the way that I
have it set up, so I guess it does automatically read what the 811 is
outputting. I guess it is working the way it supposed to work.

More about : 811 samsung txn3075whf

February 4, 2005 6:48:47 PM

If you have your 811 put out just 480p you are depriving yourself of a nice
HD picture. Leave it at 1080i and adjust the zoom settings on your Samsung,
check the manual, ask the salesguy, whatever, till you get the right
proportions.
Roger
!