punchie13

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
hello all!! i have a asus p5w dh deluxe mobo w/ the wifi ap solo. i have just recently decided to attempt to install this, and after 2 days, im about to lose my hair!! if i was a bettin man i would say it has something to do with my network or ip settings, but cant seem to figure anything out in that direction. so im hoping someone may have some experience with this. heres the scoop.......i have 2 pc's side by side both plugged into a D-link dir-665 wireless router. the wireless is COMPLETELY disabled on the router, and the pc's are plugged into the ethernet jacks in the back. the router in turn is connected to the modem from time warner. the p5w has 2 lan ports and i have both of these plugged in and enabled. they each have their own ip address. (i thought this would be necessary to use wifi) so of the 4 ethernet jacks in back of router, 2 of em are from this pc and 1 from other pc. now i have had a network setup for some time now between these 2 pc's, file and printer sharing is on and i transfer files on a daily basis between the 2. so now i want to use the wifi on the asus as an access point so i can use my laptop with it. i installed all latest drivers and software, i followed the manual to the letter, the wireless pops right on, says 100% signal strength, says connected. now this pc doesnt have internet!! (the other one is fine btw) so i go into network connections hit repair local area 1 or 2 (it doesnt matter) and presto i got internet and the wireless is still good! :) EXCEPT......i turn on laptop....it finds my wifi it connects to wifi......but it will not connect to the internet!! forget about the other pc connected to router cuz it is fine, never loses inet. ( just wanted you to know there was a preexisting network) when i do the start>run>cmd>ipconfig.....all 3 of my connections have a different ip address, my 2 lan ports have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, but the wireless has a subnet of 255.255.0.0!! also the default gateway for the 2 lanports is my routers ip, but there is no default gateway listed for wireless!! also...should i use windows to configure my wireless or should i use the ap solo software from asus??

punchie13

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
hey thanks everyone for your help!! all none of you LOL!! seriously...i dont blame anyone for not wanting to mess with wireless. its a pain in the arse!! but i do want all none of you to know that i resolved the issue by uninstalling the asus wifi manager and using the windows zero config only!! works like a champ now. seems using 2 wireless utility managers causes conflict! LOL!! go figure! LOL