WAE+ scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownTheChippy

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Hi,

Personally, the best on-line review sites I always use to find out what is actually the case with companies are the following:

Feefo - http://feefo.com/reviews/WAE-Limited/?id=228380
Reevoo - http://shopping.reevoo.com/retailer/702-wae-limited

Unlike other review sites, they don't offer incentives to customers to write up their experiences, or make money off the trend of online review sites to be primarily based on bad experiences (which, we all know, are ten a penny these days, even with the amazons and apple's of this world).

But of course, pay using credit cards for that extra protection.

They appear to have IDIS and ISIS registrations, and while they do seem to have their problems, they definately seem legit.

DanielC759

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Though entertainingly both Feefo and Reevo require you to be invited to review the supplier. Who's going to ask an unhappy customer to review them when they already have problems with their local Trading Standards?

To respond to the OP. No, WAE+ are not a scam, they just really, really are rubbish. Late deliveries, missing deliveries, refunds that vary from slow to non existent.

My advice? Find someone else.

mauhjt2007

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012

Do NOT touch them with a barge-pole. I ordered similar items on 15th October, it is now the 16th November and I have neither received my items or had a refund, or any contact from them at all.

I think i shall send them a lovely email:

"Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulation 2000 legislation states that a trader has up to 30 days to supply goods. If that does not happen, the trader is in breach of contract and the consumer is entitled to a full refund without question."

I am now giving you 10 working days (ten working days), that is until the Friday 30th December 2012, to refund my order. Due to the sufficient amount of time I have given, If I do not receive my refund within the time scale stated above I shall go to the small claims court to re-claim my payment, which I paid on 15th October at 8:45pm, and report you to trading standards, OFT and watchdog.

I hope this is just a one-off incident and you refund my items by the 30th December 2012.

Yours Sincerely,

David

G

I am also experiencing a lot of problems with WAEplus.co.uk.

It is now 23rd November 2012 and placed my order on 9th October.

For over a week, my order status claims that I have been refunded but I have not received any funds.

Their phone line will never take any calls and I am not getting any email response to any of the 5 messages mailed through their website. I am now extremely worried that I may never see the refund or order product at all.

Has anyone else successfully managed to get a refund and receive communications from them?

tonkascat

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
My latest correspondence

Why are you not responding to my messages? why is your site showing no waiting time for calls yet I can't get an answer, I have asked for a refund twice as i have been waiting 22 days for my order, please respond or i will have no alternative but to post as many negative reviews as i possibly can & contact trading standards

Protopia

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2013
My advice is to steer clear of WAEplus.

They lie about product stock availability on their web site. I ordered an in stock product, then after their committed delivery date I received an email which said "Unfortunately we have been updated this item is no longer available due to issues with the manufacturers. This product was not part of our core range and some times we rely on external sources for information on product lead times and stock availability, this was not fulfilled."

They lie about shipment. Last Tuesday I received an email which said: "Your item has been shipped it has came from our European warehouse not our UK one, that's why there has been a bit of a delay. I do apologize. You should receive your goods by tomorrow or Friday the latest as I've tracked it and yesterday it was in Northampton."

In the end after 2.5 weeks they cancelled the order. I am now waiting to see if I get a refund.

tonkascat

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
I wouldn't hold your breath for a refund, after requesting and receiving nothing, not even a reply i contacted my bank, they sent me forms out which I completed along with as much evidence I had, they refunded me about 2 weeks later

muffin-man

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

hi there

they are not a scam but let me be clear!

if you order from these guys its like playing the lottery, you may be lucky and get your order
or in my case you will pay, wait 10 days for it to even getinto the country then be told it will be another
6 days to reach you.

if you ever listened to a review never never never order from here, amazon may be a few pounds more
but its worth it!!!!!

Protopia

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2013
Well, I finally got an email confirming a refund 6 weeks after I placed my order and almost a month since they cancelled my order.

I would agree with the previous poster - they are a lottery - if your order goes well, you will be pleased, but if it goes wrong, you will have nothing but heart-ache.

Spend a few quid more and have some peace of mind.

Arik Katz

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
They are not scam, they are simply very very bad.
Here's my experience with them
I placed my order on 13th of March, was quoted 4-6 business days delivery. Money were taken from my account the same day. Before placing an order I called waeplus to confirm that they have it in stock, and they did. I also called them a few days after that to see if they still have it in stock and if my order has been shipped. I was told that it's in process. When my order didn't arrive on the 21st of March the latest as it was promised I called them again to figure out what's happening. I was told that they are having some problems with my order and that it will be delivered by the end of next week. I asked customer support officer what kinda problems exactly are they having and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get an answer out of them, all I got was that it was a problem on their side and they assured me that I'll get it by the end of next week (which is 25-th - 28th of March). So what a fool I was to believe it. On the 23rd of March I used their fast response contact, since they work only on weekdays, I expected to get a reply on Monday or Tuesday morning but nobody contacted me. So I called them today again, I spent 20+ minutes on hold and while waiting I checked my order status online and what I found was that "This order is marked as Stocking Issues". I must note that since I placed my order I checked status online everyday, and it said awaiting fulfilment and today I get this. WTF???!!! As I already said they had in stock when I placed my order and they even had it on 22nd of March. But now it's gone. Ok, back to today's conversation with customer support, at first I was told that they'll have in stock next week, when I asked if she's sure about it, she said that not really and she can't tell me when it will be back in stock. I asked for manager or someone from logistics department and was told that they'll tell me same thing, I kept insisting but still didn't get contacts info. Finally I convinced her to email me saying that once they have it in stock it will be shipped to me. In this email I was also offered to get an alternative from them or a refund.
I decided to wait a few more days but I still would like to speak to someone from management or logistics department.
Overall terrible retailer, I wish I ordered this item from amazon even tho it would cost me a bit more.

CaptainHomey

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
WAE are about as useful as the proverbial chocolate fireguard......

Having just spent an entire week trying to get them to answer the phone
also sending SIX price inquiries

It's obvious they have little interest in anyone willing to spend over £500 and up to £1,000

for the sake of saving up to (possibly as much as) £5 PER HARD DRIVE

my advice...buy from pixmania (for example) as its FAR FAR cheaper

plus they answer the phone and you don't waste as much as £20 in phone calls or
valuable time trying to get them to bother at all

My money will continue to be used with far more reliable outlets and as I state above
for what you save you lose ten fold the amount in time and energy as they simply can't be bothered

muffindell

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011

Saw a AMD HD7850 graphics card at a great price and in stock on the WAE+ website; so like others I placed the order via website without problem. The money was taken out of my account instantly, however a day later the site posted that the item was out of stock. I'm okay Jack cos the invoice stated that I would receive it 10 days later via the free P+P as requested, so I must have been one of the lucky ones before stock ran out (or so I thought). After a week the item had not been despatched, according to the online account details, however status still stated I would receive the item by said date; despite another part of my account information stating WAE was awaiting stock. I was quite suspicious considering the amount of complaints made against this company so I called the Birmingham office. The phone rang and rang for about 23mins before someone decided to pick up. The item WAS out of stock despite showing in stock when I placed the order, the delivery date was incorrect and they didn't have any idea when stock was coming in. I cancelled my order and was told it would take up to 30 DAYS to return the money to my account as per their Terms and Conditions! The actual refund hit my account 14 days later. I ordered the same item from Ebuyer which cost about £10 more and received it a few days later via their Free delivery. I suppose I should have realised from all the other negative statements on the web there would be problems. Suffice to say that I wont be using this on-line retailer again, nor can I recommend them.

Mark Bowie

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
I bought a computer monitor in September 2012. It turned up and was faulty (loose power connector, it was an LG Flat-Panel Monitor) so I got intouch with the company, they were quick to issue a UPS return code so I could arrange for it to be picked up from my home at no cost to me and returned to their depot.
They confirmed via e-mail that the goods were recieved and in suitable condition and that a refund would be processed.
A month later no money had turned up, so I got intouch via e-mail with the company. All of my e-mail had around a week turnaround (waiting over a week for a reply meant I was caught off guard and didn't reply immediately) and it took around 3 months of e-mailing back and forth til they sent me a letter and asked me to initialise a chargeback through my bank, because their merchant couldn't process the refund?
I went to my bank with this letter, they couldn't do anything, and I had to phone through to a visa debit department instead who arranged the chargeback - a week later I had my money, but a few days later again it had been removed from my account... I thought I had it sorted!
I rang the bank, and they said that the WAE+ bank denied the refund and HSBC had reclaimed my money after WAE+ bank refused to pass on the funds to HSBC.
I e-mailed WAE+ again, this time they claimed it was my duty to reclaim the funds from my bank under Section 5 / Section 75 (they tried to claim these were both laws that put them in the right, and didn't reference which section of which law they were actually referring to...)
My Bank were quick to point out that it wasn't possible to do anything, as WAE+ bank refuses to refund them the money.
I e-mailed WAE+ with words to the effect of - Give me my money back now or I will sue you - and they were incredibly quick to issue a refund directly to my bank account that day (within a couple of hours in fact).

I was very polite, quick, and to the point with my e-mails and provided factual and relevant information regarding the order history and correspondance with my bank. It was still a very long and drawn out process.

I am left feeling very lucky to have recieved my refund and would highly recommend you avoid this company if you want to have peace of mind. You have much more protection buying second hand electronics from eBay!

Apr 24, 2013

If you do a word search on the company name you will find that the Guardian newspaper and Martins Money Tips Forum has published concerns about the company. Various reviews suggest that they take a long time to deliver, over a month sometimes, possibly to get a bit of interest.

I ordered a hard-drive, two weeks later when I phoned it was out of stock and I was offered a more expensive one for the same price with a UPS tracking number for the same price. When I checked with UPS they could not find it and suggested it might not have been collected. I emailed WAE+, phone lines are busy with "complaining" customers? Another confirmation that it had been sent, UPS confirmed that they had the tracking number and would let me know when it arrives at their depot.

They seem lax but have been trading under a couple of names for a couple of years - and many customers write of long term and satisfactory service

So you pay your money and chance it for a discount :??:

EddyW2

Honorable
May 5, 2013
I ordered "in-stock" goods on 16 March - nothing ever delivered. On-line customer service useless; standard pick-from-a-list replies all said my order would be delivered in a few days - specific questions completely ignored.
I cancelled on 20 April - they then told my order would be sent in a few days; took two more messages until the cancellation was accepted on 26 April. No money yet - got a sob story about not being able to refund on my card and a cheque would be issued (eventually).
I'm just about to send a "Final Letter Before Claim" and will be forced to sue unless the cash turns up in the next few days. Truly truly awful that I need to threaten to sue just to get a 60 quid refund which they do not dispute they owe.
The worst company I have ever dealt with by a huge margin.

and25

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
This "company" obviously doesn't have the majority of its products in stock and just orders them from the wholesaler/maker when you order the product. So your basically waiting for the product to be shipped from china or some warehouse god knows where... the company is bullshit.

stevebat3010

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

No, save your hard earned. I ordered a network storage device from them a month ago and after numerous "lieing through the teeth" phonecalls with promises of 3-4 days more because it is coming from our european warehouse, they have basically scammed me for £165 - not much in the overall scheme of things but I object to being ripped off by Ram Jam Singh and his cronies. Watch this space I will be back with an update

Steve Batchelor

Milsy

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
Worst company I have ever had to deal with. Disgraceful. Didn't have the item in stock or any intention of getting it in stock. Took my £1200 and wouldn't give me a refund - I had to raise a dispute with my credit card company. They should be closed down.

Lonu

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
Hi,
I ordered some earphones on the 3rd of July and paid the extra amount for quick delivery (2-3 business days) receiving confirmation that my order will be delivered on between the 5th and 9th of July. We are now the 22nd of July and still haven't received them (14 business days).
Contacted them a first and they informed that they were some delays with this product and apologized for the inconvenience. But 6 days later, sent another email - without any reply - and finally email yesterday asking for refund and same here, I haven't heard back from them yet.

velor64

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Avoid this company at all costs. Check out the abundance of awful reviews. You have more chance of winning the lottery than getting your goods from these people. I am still waiting for my refund after six weeks. They previously operated from the same address as WeAreElectricals.com which was forced to cease operating becuase they ran into cashflow problems after running the business in exactly the same manner!

aqsdanny

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013

do NOT touch this company.....they are taking your money upfront saying they have stuff in stock when they don't and then never contact you when you don't receive the goods!!
when you demand your money back they say it'll take up to 30 days!!! it is a DEFINITE SCAM. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!

Liam MacGuinness

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
I ordered a Graphics card from there on the 12th July 2013, delivery was free, Quoted to be here by the 31st of July.
31st of July came and no card or email or any note. I phoned them up and they told me that it had not even left the warehouse in Germany and that I could expect it by the 12th of August.

Phoned back on the 14th of August only to be told that it would not be getting delivered and that they needed to issue a refund for it.
Throughout the whole process nobody contacted me to tell me anything at all. very unhappy with the service I got.

Liam MacGuinness

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
I ordered a Graphics card from there on the 12th July 2013, delivery was free, Quoted to be here by the 31st of July.
31st of July came and no card or email or any note. I phoned them up and they told me that it had not even left the warehouse in Germany and that I could expect it by the 12th of August.

Phoned back on the 14th of August only to be told that it would not be getting delivered and that they needed to issue a refund for it.
Throughout the whole process nobody contacted me to tell me anything at all. very unhappy with the service I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.