BigWater SE or Tuniq Tower 120

Raeven_Zero

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
A guy I know bought this and didn't use this. Now he is wanting to sell it never used, still in box. I would like to get it but I don't know if this low-end water systems will do better than my high-end air system. I don't want to buy it if it won't benifit me. This will be my first water cooling setup and it will be on a E6600 o/c'd to 3.4 Ghz. If I can't use it there then I might use it on my old Athlon XP 3200 since I have a Zalman 9500 on there right now just barely fitting since it's made for my old AM2 system.

Let me have your opinion. Is it worth buying?

Thanks in advance.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Where does the Tuniq Tower 120 come into play?

As far as the Thermaltake BigWater SE, I used one of the All-In-One watercooling kits and wasn't too impressed. In order for it to work effectively, it had to suck in cool air, meaning I had to connect it to the front of the case and the hot air would be blown into the case and left for the other two fans to suck it out. Wasn't very effective.

I'd probably stick with the Tuniq.

Also, if your CPU coolers are doing a good job already, than there is no need to replace them, unless you decide to do some heavy overclocking.

My $.02

sailer

Splendid
I'm going to guess that you're meaning to ask whether the Bigwater, low end water cooling system, is better than a Tuniq Tower 120, a high end air cooling system.

My 2 cents worth is to stay with the Tuniq Tower. It should do a better job with none of the problems of water cooling.