My computer cant configure my printer with usb connect

herbskitty

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Hello,I download the software for my Brother printer for installation. When I Run the installation till "Now plug in the printer with USP port and turn on the printer", nothing shows just like the printer did not plug in.(It was working weeks ago)

jamesofty1

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Uninstall the drivers and Printer Software
Unplug the printer
Restart your computer
After login let the Windows install the default drivers
If this method didnt worked then install a fresh copy of Windows.

try plugging the printer into a different usb port--use one thats at the back of the pc and not on a pci usb card

if that doesnt help try

go to start --devices and printers--add a printer--local printer--use existing port then select usb000 virtual printer port

hellowhelp

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
I just got helped from Brother Customer Service. My printer MFC 7360N is working now. Here is the solution if you tried everything above: connect your printer to your old PC which works on the printer. Update the printer's firmware by download the drive at ( http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=mfc7360n_all&type2=4&os=92 ) or if your printer is a different model, google " Firmware Update Tool - Brother Solutions Center" find the right one to match your PC's OS (window 8, 10... 32bit / 64 bit) then download! It takes 2-3 mins to upgrading the printer's firmware while hearing beeping on the printer. after 100% updated/installed, switch the USB back to your new computer. You will see a window showing up and disappeared quickly saying "installing brother printer" Now ignore if there is a window which you stuck at, still doesn't allow your to click "next" but the printer has been successfully installed on your new PC. Check the printers on your PC setting, the printer is listed there. and now you are able to print! Hopefully my experience helps many people facing the same problem! I feel satisfied with Brother Live Chat Service! Good luck!