Closed Solved

MS Home and Student 2010, disk or key?

Hi all, i built my own computer and now i want to add MSHS. Whats the difference if i purchase the disk or product key? same result isn't it.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about home student 2010 disk
  1. A product key does not include the installation disk.
  2. WR2 said:
    A product key does not include the installation disk.

Are you telling me I won't be able to install MSHS to my computer?

3. A product key card does not include the installation disk.

The retail version of Office Home and Student includes the installation disk and product key.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116856
  4. Best answer
    You use that product key if your system came with a Trial version of Office, as you can see in the screenshot WR2 posted, it states "for 1 PRELOADED PC only" meaning it was already installed for you. If you have a clean Windows setup you need to buy the disk, or maybe download the trial version then buy the key.
  5. hang-the-9 said:
    You use that product key if your system came with a Trial version of Office, as you can see in the screenshot WR2 posted, it states "for 1 PRELOADED PC only" meaning it was already installed for you. If you have a clean Windows setup you need to buy the disk, or maybe download the trial version then buy the key.

Thanks for your time my friend. I'm happy to report that I actually purchased the Installation disk after all. Have a good Holiday.
  6. Best answer selected by gerry410.
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Office Computers Apps Product