Dave_McMahon

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
1, Bought one of these board off scan computers, died whilst installing XP!

2, Now gotta jump though hoops to RMA board

3, Bought the same board off a local computer shop died whilst installing XP (Got a bit further!)

4, So Should I keep buying them untill they are stable? Or should I never Buy from As*ock/ASUS again?

5, They are really dead! I have tried Everything to get them going again!
ha when the second one dies it died at the Press F8 to continue part of XP install, so to see if it was just the CD or whatever I pressed the Caps lock key (to see if the light came on) and it just flickered when I pressed it!

So two in one day is that a record?

Dave_McMahon

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
The shop only had another (same) Asrock Board so am trying again! This board dont recognise the Keyboard from a cold start, so have to restart the machine then press F2 to enter Setup. I have only loaded the Bios at the mo to see for stability and just look at the H/W monitor ocasionaly! I dont dare install XP just yet cos the shop said it would be impossible for three to go wrong!

Fingers crossed for XP day tomoz.

the Keyboard sometimes works, sometimes not! dont have much hope for this board (tried diff keyboards)

Judas PC?

Dave_McMahon

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
Hmm the keyboard controller is still a bit flaky but am installing XP now I think(hope) it's "just the PS/2 controller, so will get a USB Key/Mouse for it once windows installed.