Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Good Video Converters (file to file)

Last response: in Applications
November 26, 2010 2:30:34 PM

I want to share opinions on video converters.
The ones that I use are Xilisoft Video Converter or Handbrake
However, Handbrake i like just for the fact that it is free and you can use MKV containers.
Xilisoft Video Converter costs money, but is much faster than Handbrake. The cuda option in
Xilisoft Video Converter is nice too.

I want others opinions though.. what do you guys use? What converter is the most stable and puts out the
"better quality conversion." I may switch to different software based on others opinions and experience.
November 30, 2010 3:03:52 PM

AVS Video Converter is one I've been using for ages. You have to buy, but it supports pretty much every format I can think of.
Score
December 1, 2010 12:43:19 AM

i'm using Handbrake , Format factory and AutoGK ....
Score
Related resources
December 1, 2010 6:56:19 AM

- Power director 8.0 render with effect AVI 1hours duration to 1hour DVD time 5minute fast render
www.cyberlink.com
- TMPGENC 2.0
Score
December 1, 2010 5:36:03 PM

My best quality MKV's are made with MeGUI. It has a lot of advanced features, however, and isn't as simple as one-click encoders like Handbrake though it does have presets. It's free too.

Score
December 2, 2010 1:54:59 AM

rwpritchett said:
My best quality MKV's are made with MeGUI. It has a lot of advanced features, however, and isn't as simple as one-click encoders like Handbrake though it does have presets. It's free too.

I like that idea.. i'll check it out! thanks. And @dEAne i love xilisoft to do my big projects.. its just so freaking fast haha.
Score
December 3, 2010 1:31:19 PM

I use ConvertXtoDVD, it is not free but does have a trial download, it's dedicated for the specific conversions it covers, but does a fantastic job file to file or all the way to burning the converted file to DVD after the conversion is done, on either single layer or dual layer media.

I love the multi-core feature it has for assigning how many cores you want to run the program with, with my quad core CPU I assign 3 cores it can use full out and let the 4th core run the operating system.

If the original file is clean and error free, it has never failed to complete it's task, I have had some corrupted files it couldn't render, but otherwise no problems, IMO for what it does it's worth every penny.
Score
December 3, 2010 6:03:49 PM

4Ryan6 said:
I use ConvertXtoDVD, it is not free but does have a trial download, it's dedicated for the specific conversions it covers, but does a fantastic job file to file or all the way to burning the converted file to DVD after the conversion is done, on either single layer or dual layer media.

I love the multi-core feature it has for assigning how many cores you want to run the program with, with my quad core CPU I assign 3 cores it can use full out and let the 4th core run the operating system.

If the original file is clean and error free, it has never failed to complete it's task, I have had some corrupted files it couldn't render, but otherwise no problems, IMO for what it does it's worth every penny.

Forum topic is File to File, not file to DVD..
But yeah I know
I use ConvertxToDVD too to burn my DVD Movies.
It's fast, even with 2-pass enabled a 9 GB .MKV HD to 720x480 SD .VOB format takes around only an hour to do. It doesn't even use cuda and it does this at that rate!
Score
December 5, 2010 12:57:58 AM

nettogrof said:
Forum topic is File to File, not file to DVD..
But yeah I know
I use ConvertxToDVD too to burn my DVD Movies.
It's fast, even with 2-pass enabled a 9 GB .MKV HD to 720x480 SD .VOB format takes around only an hour to do. It doesn't even use cuda and it does this at that rate!

Well excuse me!

I also use WinAVI video converter, but most times my end goal is to burn it to DVD also.

Just make sure you keep this thread specifically on video converters, because that's not against THGF's Terms of Use, or Rules of Conduct.
Score
December 8, 2010 2:51:37 PM

Buy xilisoft dvd converter pro is use it to is good and fast
Score
December 14, 2010 9:23:52 AM

This topic has been closed by 4ryan6
Score
!