KinkyPenguin

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Hello everyone!

Ok so my gateway sx2800 desktop finally died, so i decided to buy a new motherboard and ram, but after goggling on how to install my new parts(I'm also a first time builder) i found out that i need to reinstall Windows, but my problem is that my gateway computer came with no Windows disk but i do have the windows key, and my operation system is Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium

So my question is do i need the windows disc to install my new parts properly?

Thank you for your time

Solution
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Answering to your question, yes, you need the Windows CD to install the OS again. You can tell a friend that borrow a Windows Vista x64 Home Premium and when the installation process ask you for the key, insert YOUR KEY. Is legal and you can do it without problems.
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Answering to your question, yes, you need the Windows CD to install the OS again. You can tell a friend that borrow a Windows Vista x64 Home Premium and when the installation process ask you for the key, insert YOUR KEY. Is legal and you can do it without problems.

Solution

KinkyPenguin

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

Thank you for the warm welcoming Saint!

And thank you for helping me and my problem, and now my new problem is to find a friend who has Windows Vista Home premium.