Hitachi 43FDX01B Aspect Keeps Changing On Me

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 4, 2005 1:20:44 PM

HDTV Gurus,
I have a Hitachi 43FDX01B TV that I just connected to HD cable in my
area. I really like the HD picture when the tv is in 4:3 mode. The
problem is that every time that I change the aspect ratio in the menu
OR by pressing the "Aspect" key on the remote, the change is only
temporary. That is, as soon as I switch the inputs or cycle the power
on the TV the aspect reverts back to 16:9. Is there anyway to make the
43FDX01B "Remember" the 4:3 setting?
Thanks to anyone that can help
Joe B
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 8:39:24 PM

Are you connected to a HD CATV Box via either DVI or Component? Probable
the CATV Box is determining the aspect ratio for you. Common with Motorola
boxes (Comcast) and Scientific Atlantic (WOW), at least in our area.
"Joe Beertilter" <joeREMOVEbeerREMOVEtilter@hotREMOVEmail.com> wrote in
message news:ki770154vf2armdujocc9irkdlftb2b5h0@4ax.com...
> HDTV Gurus,
> I have a Hitachi 43FDX01B TV that I just connected to HD cable in my
> area. I really like the HD picture when the tv is in 4:3 mode. The
> problem is that every time that I change the aspect ratio in the menu
> OR by pressing the "Aspect" key on the remote, the change is only
> temporary. That is, as soon as I switch the inputs or cycle the power
> on the TV the aspect reverts back to 16:9. Is there anyway to make the
> 43FDX01B "Remember" the 4:3 setting?
> Thanks to anyone that can help
> Joe B
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 10:42:44 PM

Yes I am connected through the component input. (Does it with either
one). I only get about 10 HD channels through Cox of OKC right now.
The Set Top Box is a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD. It might just be
something that I need to get used to. I figure that the CATV Box is
telling it to go into 16:9 mode. My Xbox which is in HD mode goes
straight to 4:3 mode. (Xbox looks awesome in HD BTW)
Thanks for the help

!