FLATBR0KE

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I purchased a AVERATEC 25.5" All-In-One PC D1206XF1E-1 from Tri-Gem http://www.trigem.com/us/product/product_overview.asp?category=1&seq=149
almost 3 years ago i was online 2 nights ago when all of a sudden the computer went black and powered off. I tried called the support numbers and every one of the have been disconnected the emails bounced back.

I brought the computer to Best Buy and they practically laughed in my face said they were surprised the computer even lasted that long and they were not allowed to service it I had to find someplace else. they suggested Microtech in Long island I dont' drive so that idea is kind of hard.

It isn't the wire i tried a brand new one any help you can give me will surly be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

The Averatec range didn't have a very good reputation and I've only worked on one myself. Sadly that one wouldn't come apart because its two halves were plastic welded or heat-sealed together. Fortunately, though, I was able to fix it with using the StartUp Repair option on a Vista DVD.

If you don't have such a DVD, I suggest you find a local professional fixer who might work on it at your home or take it back to his own workshop. I'm a bit too far from you to take on the job (a mere three thousand miles) but I'm sure you'll find someone in Yellow Pages - if you have them in eth US or your local newspaper.

FLATBR0KE

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I will have a problem though wondering how i will get the disk in there when I can't turn it on..will try though

Sorry - I hadn't realised it wouldn't restart. Looks like you're looking for a small business that fixes PCs - the big boys either don't want to play or charge stupid money for minor problems. There will be an industry standard power supply unit in there and it's just a case of whether they can get at it to replace it.

I take it you've eliminated the possibility of it being the local fuse.

FLATBR0KE

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
yeah I have other things plugged in the area and on my desk everything still working, How much do you think one of those power supply units will run me aproximatly? any idea

FLATBR0KE

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Thanx for you help iyt might be another week or two when I try to do anything with it but I will post everything just to keep you updated incase you are wondering.