Free 42" Plasma Screen if help remove/minimize screen burn !

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 4, 2005 11:35:20 AM

We have 50 of these 42" Hitachi Plasma Displays with the same type of
screen burn.

If you have any ideas on how to successfully remove/minimize/fix this
problem, please let us know.

If we receive a successfull suggestion, we will you give one of these
42" plasma screens.

Thanks for your help,

jjnolasco@msn.com
February 4, 2005 2:34:58 PM

It would be helpful if you told us what type of burn it is... is it a
logo burn, side bars burn or what??

George

jesusn@hitechcafe.com wrote:

> We have 50 of these 42" Hitachi Plasma Displays with the same type of
> screen burn.
>
> If you have any ideas on how to successfully remove/minimize/fix this
> problem, please let us know.
>
> If we receive a successfull suggestion, we will you give one of these
> 42" plasma screens.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> jjnolasco@msn.com
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 2:26:28 AM

jesusn@hitechcafe.com wrote in news:1107534920.798597.289110
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> We have 50 of these 42" Hitachi Plasma Displays with the same type of
> screen burn.
>
> If you have any ideas on how to successfully remove/minimize/fix this
> problem, please let us know.
>
> If we receive a successfull suggestion, we will you give one of these
> 42" plasma screens.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> jjnolasco@msn.com

Whatever the burn-in is from (a logo or side/letterbox, it's a result of
uneven wear of the elements). I have seen some very slight burn-in (on
plasma) kinda go away if the set is used in normal tv veiwing fashion for a
few days. If that doesn't help, then you could inverse the problem that
burned in.

For example, say you had a white logo on a black background on screen which
caused a burn-in. You could inverse that logo in photoshop and display the
inverted image on the screen for approximately the same amount of time.
This *might* get rid of an overbearing burn-in theoretically. I haven't
tried it myself.

If it works, I certainly wouldn't turn down a plasma screen;)

Andrew
!