otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

I recently found my old copy of Quake 1. I re-downloaded Quakeworld,
and updated to version 1.08. I set-up All Seeing Eye for QW and I get
plenty of servers. Which surprised me after all of these years.

The problem I have run into is that all the servers show to be running
Version 2.40. The only reference I can find to Version 2.40 is for Mac
, Linux, or OS/2 users. I use XP and I am starting with glqwcl. Of
course I can't connect as I am not using 2.40, which I can't find for
Win or XP users.

Am I missing something?

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

"otto" <soccerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I recently found my old copy of Quake 1. I re-downloaded Quakeworld, and
>updated to version 1.08. I set-up All Seeing Eye for QW and I get plenty
>of servers. Which surprised me after all of these years.
>
> The problem I have run into is that all the servers show to be running
> Version 2.40. The only reference I can find to Version 2.40 is for Mac ,
> Linux, or OS/2 users. I use XP and I am starting with glqwcl. Of course
> I can't connect as I am not using 2.40, which I can't find for Win or XP
> users.
>
> Am I missing something?

http://www.fuhquake.net/
http://equake.quakeworld.nu/

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Matthew Vaughan wrote:
> "otto" <soccerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I recently found my old copy of Quake 1. I re-downloaded Quakeworld, and
>>updated to version 1.08. I set-up All Seeing Eye for QW and I get plenty
>>of servers. Which surprised me after all of these years.
>>
>>The problem I have run into is that all the servers show to be running
>>Version 2.40. The only reference I can find to Version 2.40 is for Mac ,
>>Linux, or OS/2 users. I use XP and I am starting with glqwcl. Of course
>>I can't connect as I am not using 2.40, which I can't find for Win or XP
>>users.
>>
>>Am I missing something?
>

> http://www.fuhquake.net/
> http://equake.quakeworld.nu/