  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 9, 2005 10:40:05 AM

Hi, recently time in my computer started to change , few times I fixed that ,
but if I rerestart my computer time is change again.any idea?

Thanks for help.

More about : time computer change

June 10, 2005 3:44:27 AM

"Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, recently time in my computer started to change , few times I fixed
> that ,
> but if I rerestart my computer time is change again.any idea?
>
> Thanks for help.

Get a new CMOS battery.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:44:28 AM

"qwerty" wrote:

> "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, recently time in my computer started to change , few times I fixed
> > that ,
> > but if I rerestart my computer time is change again.any idea?
> >
> > Thanks for help.
>

> Get a new CMOS battery.

Thanks for the respond, so maybe that is the reason that my computer has
delay when i turn it on, sometimes I have to wait for hours to start, but if
i change the CMOS battery, what happene for the information in bios? change
to the default settings?

Thanks.

June 10, 2005 3:44:28 AM

Before doing any major investigating I would suggest changing the CMOS
battery. Open your computer case and look on the motherboard you will see a
little battery. Take it and get one like it and see if that fixes the
problem.
http://www.infopackets.com/graphics/cmos+battery.gif

--
Good Day
River Rat

"qwerty" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message

"Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, recently time in my computer started to change , few times I fixed
> that ,
> but if I rerestart my computer time is change again.any idea?
>
> Thanks for help.

Get a new CMOS battery.
June 10, 2005 3:44:29 AM

Faram wrote:
> "qwerty" wrote:
>

>> "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi, recently time in my computer started to change , few times I
>>> fixed that ,
>>> but if I rerestart my computer time is change again.any idea?
>>>
>>> Thanks for help.
>>

>> Get a new CMOS battery.
>
> Thanks for the respond, so maybe that is the reason that my computer
> has delay when i turn it on, sometimes I have to wait for hours to
> start, but if i change the CMOS battery, what happene for the
> information in bios? change to the default settings?
>
> Thanks.

If you have the battery out for only a minute or slightly more the BIOS
settings should remain intact.

--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

"MAP" wrote:

> Faram wrote:
> > "qwerty" wrote:
> >

> >> "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Get a new CMOS battery.
> >
> > Thanks for the respond, so maybe that is the reason that my computer
> > has delay when i turn it on, sometimes I have to wait for hours to
> > start, but if i change the CMOS battery, what happene for the
> > information in bios? change to the default settings?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> If you have the battery out for only a minute or slightly more the BIOS
> settings should remain intact.
>
> --
> Mike Pawlak

Thank you very much Mike, I will try that.

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:44:30 AM

In news:e0Tl8vPbFHA.3444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
MAP <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> typed:

> Faram wrote:
>> "qwerty" wrote:
>>

>>> "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> Get a new CMOS battery.
>>
>> Thanks for the respond, so maybe that is the reason that my
>> computer
>> has delay when i turn it on, sometimes I have to wait for
>> hours to
>> start, but if i change the CMOS battery, what happene for the
>> information in bios? change to the default settings?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> If you have the battery out for only a minute or slightly more
> the
> BIOS settings should remain intact.

Although that's generally true, I wouldn't want to rely on it.
The prudent thing to do is to record all the settings before you
remove the battery.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 7:47:35 PM

the battery (that keeps the BIOS settings intact) could be flat - the
battery keeps the "clock" going when the PC is off, and Windows gets the
system time from the Bios.

!