Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 (Stock)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Rev2.0, V3.3
Video: eVGA 8800 GTS 640MB SuperClocked
Memory: Corsair XMS2 Pro
Hard Drives: WD SE WD1600AAJS
CD/DVD: Samsung SATA SH-S183L

-Initial Boot up. all seems well, this was first time to turn this puppy on and every thing seemed to be working great, so thankful for no defective parts

-I have the 2 hard drives plugged into the RAID SATA ports on the MotherBoard, so i boot into the bios and set up USB keyboard/mouse to be on by default and also set the Drive settings to RAID/IDE, then saive and exit.

-I boot into the RAID config, set up a new RAID0, all is well, save and exit

-Boot from Vista Business DVD, setup loads, ran the memory test for a bit and no errors showed up although i didnt let it finish, then i went into the actual OS setup and load the RAID drivers from floppy, my RAID configuration shows up and i move on to install the OS and....

-On the first step of "Copying Windows Files"(this may be normal but i cant really remember but it doesnt seem like it) , it literally goes to 100% almost instantly, but after that expanding files and the other steps take a few minutes to finish...

-The logoless Vista boot screen with moving green bar comes up and when it looks like its about to boot into windows to finish the installation a quick BSOD pops up goes away and the system reboots...

If anyone has any ideas what the problem could potentiall be it would greatly appreciated... thanks so much

pEEpiNgtoM

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
How to i go about turning off auto reboot? Oh and this is my friends new rig, i think his PSU is maybe an aspire 600W or something like that.

Also now that the install failed doing raid when i try to go install to the disks again it says the volumes arent usable, so i tried to format it via the Vista disk and the button is greyed out
I also read another post on here by another guy that said it was impossible to install Vista on his DS3 with the RAID drivers from the Gigabyte disc, that he had to use the Jmicron drivers instead, so ive downloaded them, but im not sure if he was having the exact same problem as i am

Any ideas.... also what would be the best and easiest way to format these disks to get the usable again? I know in the raid setup there is an option to set the RAID back to normal IDE so im going to see if that will free the disks and if not they will need to be reformatted i guess

What really boggled me though was when it did the "Copying Windows Files", the first step in the Vista Setup, it went straight from 0 to 100% in about 5 seconds, which seemed a little odd to me.... is that normal, ive only installed vista on 2 systems and didnt pay much attention to it...

pEEpiNgtoM

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
Well i honestly doubt its any of my hardware now for i was able to remove the raid array, recreate it, format the drives and do a clean install of Windows XP with no problems at all, i didnt use different RAID drivers this time, could that have been the problem, i didnt use the ones from the Gigabyte CD or the Jmicron ones but the most recent onces from the actual Gigabyte website, my fear is if it wasnt that, what other explanation could there be for vista not installing?