Projector not hdcp ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schibe

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Hello,
4 days ago, my setup would play blu ray just fine. PowerBDv8, 3 core amd, win7 64bit, gt 240, Optima projector - connected via HDMI output thru harmon kardon hdmi surround sound reciever. I have made no changes t the system nor run any updates. now suddenly i'm getting the Failed to enable HDCP. Please switch to analog output (VGA, D-Sub) and try again message. i'm not about to upgrade an 800.00 projector. what do i do?

lungjian

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Is it happening with BD's that worked before? For some reason, new discs sometimes don't play on existing equipment and requires a firmware upgrade. In your case, that will mean updating your NVIDIA software and drivers and/or PowerDVD.

It can be tough to determine what component is CAUSING the message. If reseating all the cables doesn't solve the issue (great suggestion, hang-the-9), try removign and reinstalling the NVIDIA software and drivers. It's more likely an issue with the video card than with the projector. You might also call Optoma's support and see if there are any known issues with HDCP on that particular projector.

Status
Not open for further replies.