Sign in with
Your question

Zoombrowser

Last response: in Applications
December 7, 2010 5:15:11 AM

I cannot find the CD that came with my HG10 Canon HD camera. Where can I find a version of Zoombrowser that I can install before upgrading to Windows 7 64-bit?

More about : zoombrowser

a b w Digital camera
December 7, 2010 2:40:57 PM

First off, you can't "upgrade" to Win 7 64 bit unless you are already running 64 bit Vista, so installing it now will be a waste of time.

Second, did you check to make sure that program will run under 64bit?

Then if all of the above is OK and settled, try canon's web site.
December 14, 2010 4:21:13 PM

hang-the-9 said:
First off, you can't "upgrade" to Win 7 64 bit unless you are already running 64 bit Vista, so installing it now will be a waste of time.

Second, did you check to make sure that program will run under 64bit?

Then if all of the above is OK and settled, try canon's web site.

Dear hang-the-9,

I do not want to upgrade my OS (brand new Win7 PC), but Zoombrowser, because this is what the thread is all about.
Zoombrowser will run under Win7, as it is already running very successfully on my laptop.
I have searched Canon's website high and low, to no avail, as there are only upgrades, no base installation of Zoombrowser. :sweat: 

Thanks again for your response in trying to solve my problem. :) 

(I have as a last attempt, requested Canon to send me a copy of the Utilities Disk that was bundled with the camera :pfff:  - at a rip-off price :fou:  )
a b w Digital camera
December 14, 2010 4:31:57 PM

In your original post you said "before upgrading to Windows 7 64-bit" that lead me to believe you were going to install the program, then do the upgrade. Which would be bad as you'd have to re-install the OS for the upgrade.

And some programs do not come as a download, for example it's very hard to find the OEM WinDVD software for download from computer vendor's sites, you can only get the updates.

If you can't find the download location on Canon's site or using google, your disk order was the correct solution to this.
!