Vista not fully installed

kspaa

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
So i installed vista (and it was very slow because of AHCI mode or whatever) and at the last step it was going very slow and lagging
We restarted the computer and now i get the message
"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "Ok" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."
I built my own comp and pretty sure all the parts are compatible and compat with vista and windows 7
So ive tried various vista recoveries and programs to wipe my hard drive but none of them actually ever boot
When im stuck at the screen with the error message i can open the cmd box

Well, I am not sure what is causing the problem you are describing. If the installation is hanging, a fresh format and installation by using the method described is what I would do. Also, it could be the RAM causing the installation problem. If all else fails, try loading the installation files as described with 1 DIMM in slot one only. Also, boot to an XP installation disk and format the hard drive that way.

kspaa

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Ok so basically its like this

Halfway through the Vista installation i restarted the comp because it froze
Now i get a message saying i didnt finish the installation so i need to restart to resume it but i get the same message
Ive tried installing XP before but it wouldnt work since i think my parts dont support XP
My computer wont boot any disk i throw in it and running in safemode and all other options doesnt work
I cant format my HDD since i cant boot any disc for some odd reason

Halfway through the Vista installation i restarted the comp because it froze

The HD should be reformattted and a fresh install booting from the Vista installation DVD should be done.

Now i get a message saying i didnt finish the installation so i need to restart to resume it but i get the same message

Reformat the HD and do a fresh installation by booting to the Vista installation disk.

Ive tried installing XP before but it wouldnt work since i think my parts dont support XP

The parts support XP. Perhaps the system RAM is faulty or needs adustment. RAM is often the cause of software installation failure. Try using one DIMM in slot 1 when installing the OS. There are no system drivers other than basic drivers installed to support all the RAM.

My computer wont boot any disk i throw in it and running in safemode and all other options doesnt work

Sounds like you have a RAM or hardware related problem.

I cant format my HDD since i cant boot any disc for some odd reason

Be sure to go into BIOS and set the first boot device to DVD player. Save and exit. Press any key to boot to DVD when prompted.

kspaa

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Thanks for all the help so far
1. When i put the disc in it just runs normally like it isnt in it
2. Still cant boot any disc. Even when i make the CD drive as the first one and remove HDD
3. Ill try it with removing one RAM but i heard theres a problem with XP and SATA drivers and you need a floppy drive for it. I dont have one
4. Just bought brand new RAM that says is compatible with my mobo

Also updated my BIOs and messed around with some other settings and still nothing is happening
I know if i can get to the Vista installation disc i can reformat my hdd

kspaa

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I have no idea wutsup with this
I put in the XP with SP2, changed it so the 1,2,3 boot drivers are the CD Drive, launched CD from the boot menu and XP doesnt boot. Still goes to the stupid installation error for vista

Don't launch the CD from the boot menu. Go into BIOS. Manually set the first boot device to DVD. Place the Vista installation disk in the tray then Save and Exit out of BIOS. Let the machine boot on it's own until the screen says, "Press any key to boot to the CD'. When you see that prompt, press any key and let the system load the installation files. Format the hard and install the OS.

kspaa

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I have already tried that
I have no idea why it doesnt boot but ive even tried setting all my bot device order ( boot1-3) to DVD and it still doesnt boot at all