My microphone worked fine on WindowsXP until I had to re-install the
operating system and everything else. Now the mike is dead though connected
up in the same way. Working thru various Help panels, one said to click on
Speech Recognition, Audio Input, Properties, then use Auto. Chosen Line.
Trouble is I can't find Speech Recogition nor any Audio Input icon (though I
have an Audio output icon.) Any advice? -- Brian Stewart

Byte

Rightclick the Volume control icon, probably next to clock bottom right corner
of the screen and click Open Volume Control. There see if the mike mute
button is checked, if it is uncheck it.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Brian Stewart" wrote:

> My microphone worked fine on WindowsXP until I had to re-install the
> operating system and everything else. Now the mike is dead though connected
> up in the same way. Working thru various Help panels, one said to click on
> Speech Recognition, Audio Input, Properties, then use Auto. Chosen Line.
> Trouble is I can't find Speech Recogition nor any Audio Input icon (though I
> have an Audio output icon.) Any advice? -- Brian Stewart

Hi

After reinstalling Windows XP did you reinstall the drivers for the sound
card. These drivers can be found on a CD along with your accessories. only
after installing the drivers you will be able to get sound on you computer.
Check with Device manager whether the sound drivers are installed and not
having any conflicts.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh