sharp910sh

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2007
i need some ram for my system. will this ram http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=0&product_uid=91124&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&filter_display=reviews&filter_order=rating_desc&filter_category=&filter_string=&offset=10
or do i go for corsair ram? http://www.ebuyer.com/product/98691/product_info/rb/0

i read the customer reviews and they said the corsair ram didnt work properly.

or should i go for 800mhz ram considering i will have a core 2 duo e6600 and a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 mobo. will there be much difference? for a extra £45 ($90)

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
They both suck, but with a 9x multiplier, I guess u dont really need RAM above 400Mhz.

You should buy some DDR2-800 modules - doesn't matter which ones if you dont want to overclock even high, and a Zalman CNPS 9700 CPU cooler.

An please dont buy the DS3 board.. there are 650i and 680i boards now, no reason to buy the P965.

sharp910sh

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2007
so should i go for the asus p5ne sli mobo? the review you showed me suggests that the 950i chiplet out performed the 965. hmmm ima get the 650i chiplet one.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006

THe 965 Gigabyte board will outperform the 650i by quite a bit. You would have to get a 680i Nvidia chipset to be close to the performance the 965 chipset will provide with the C2D. The Nvidia boards can be more sensitive and quirky to RAM than the 965 boards.

What? Thats just stupid.
P965 is a dated chipset. The only thing it still has is overclocking ability, wich might match the 650i, but performance wise and compatibility, it doesnt come close the 680i, which is much closer the P35 and X38.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
so should i go for the asus p5ne sli mobo? the review you showed me suggests that the 950i chiplet out performed the 965. hmmm ima get the 650i chiplet one.

Go with a 650i SLi board for an 8800 GTS, and a 680i SLi board for an 8800 GTX.

THe 965 Gigabyte board will outperform the 650i by quite a bit. You would have to get a 680i Nvidia chipset to be close to the performance the 965 chipset will provide with the C2D. The Nvidia boards can be more sensitive and quirky to RAM than the 965 boards.

What? Thats just stupid.
P965 is a dated chipset. The only thing it still has is overclocking ability, wich might match the 650i, but performance wise and compatibility, it doesnt come close the 680i, which is much closer the P35 and X38.

My suggestions are hardly stupid, it is your inability to read and comprehend technical information and then you make uneducated, blatantly stupid outrageous comments to every member of the forum you reply to. It's not worth my time to correct all the bogus comments you have made in just last the 48 hours on this forum. Watch what you say before you reply to forum members. You are costing people with your dumb comments in the RAM section. The 680i just keeps up with comparible Intel chipsets. The Intel 965 is hardly a piece of crap or hunk of junk or whatever you are saying. Those kinds of comments to people asking for help are just not needed. Your not worth the time replying to Track. I hope you get that cleared up sometime soon.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006

What? Thats just stupid.

My suggestions are hardly stupid, it is your inability to read and comprehend technical information and then you make uneducated, blatantly stupid outrageous comments to every member of the forum you reply to. It's not worth my time to correct all the bogus comments you have made in just last the 48 hours on this forum. Watch what you say before you reply to forum members. You are costing people with your dumb comments in the RAM section. The 680i just keeps up with comparible Intel chipsets. The Intel 965 is hardly a piece of crap or hunk of junk or whatever you are saying. Those kinds of comments to people asking for help are just not needed. Your not worth the time replying to Track. I hope you get that cleared up sometime soon.

The only person making bogus comments is you. Or at least thats how it seems due to the fact that I keep having to correct them.

P965 is not a "piece of junk", as u say. But it is not even as good as 975X, and that is not as good as 680i SLi.
So since the performance of P965 is nothing to write home about, the only thing it can still do is overclock, and since the 650i SLi can get to a 500Mhz FSB, it is actually better than it.

If u want to be an Intel fanboy, how about picking on the new P35 chipset wich actually IS very slightly better performing than 680i SLi.

The only person making bogus comments is you. Or at least thats how it seems due to the fact that I keep having to correct them.

You haven't corrected a god damn thing I have said you eftard.

P965 is not a "piece of junk", as u say.

You eftard, go ef your self and hang yourself in your mother's closet.

But it is not even as good as 975X

Ef you. You have never used a 975 eftard. You just shit on people on this forum with your efing blow. Go hit some junk up dicklick.

and that is not as good as 680i SLi.

You have never touched a 680i chipset you efing cocks8cker.

So since the performance of P965 is nothing to write home about,

There is not much written about the 965 chip. Yeah right, ef you and your little efing 'tard world you live in. I have two running in this room now. You are the efingtard saying PC5300 is the fastest RAM needed on the planet. You have said time and again PC6400 is for the 'morons' reading these forums. You are efing mentally inept. Your parents must hate you. According to you, all the RAM manufacturers are morons and you, Track, are the only consumer who knows what is right. You are a total eftard. Go ef yourself you piece of runny shit. Ef you.

the only thing it can still do is overclock

Do you have mental problems eftard? You need to either shut up or get help ass wipe. Where did you arrive at that conclusion? Read something to that effect i a how to magazines you subscribe to? Heard it mentioned somewhere, but you can't place where because of the heroine you did up this month. The replys you give out on this forum reflect your shithead intellect regarding computer hardware in general. You are trolling the forumz daily spewing your runny sh!t absolute answers regarding technical areas you know nothing about. 965 is no good because Nvidia 650i and 680i are what make your runny clit throb. STFU cocjsucker. Ef you and your twisted, drug induced mindset. You are one brain damaged mutheref'er.

and since the 650i SLi can get to a 500Mhz FSB, it is actually better than it.

Well I'll buy one and call it efing drugs because you say so eftard. you calling the 965 INFERIOR to the 680i is about as useful as one of the powered down hits of smack you obviously are using. Did you have brain damage? Really, post message me? I will stop if you have brain damage.

If u want to be an Intel fanboy

Ef you.

how about picking on the new P35 chipset wich actually IS very slightly better performing than 680i SLi.

Again, you do not need to comment about the performance of hardware you have never touched. Go overdose and hang your efingself You are a motherefing crack head. Ef you Track.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
What is the end result of what you are trying to build?

For instance, if you want a stable, yet oc-able system, get the intel 975bx2. Use the Kingston memmatch tool to find the various types that are recommended and get some of those. They will have several different grades, but unless you plan on a water-cooled monstrosity the value grade won't harm your pocket, nor your ego. No fancy heatspreaders, no flashing led's.

Keep in mind that ddr2 specs are 1.8 to 1.9 v, so any MB or RAM that operates outside that range is technically outside of the ddr2 spec. The Intel MB does not, and Kingston does not recommend it either.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Seriously, dude, "ef" your way out of this forum. Your stupid ideas and lack of facts arent welcome here. And the pathetic childish insults dont help much either.