domains for email to users of various providers?

Does anybody know the domains to put after the phone# to send email to
people using the various cell providers? I for sure need Sprint, AT&T,
Cingular, and Verizon, but any other ones you know would be great too. Is
Roger's the same as AT&T, or is it a totally separate company now? I know
somebody in Canada that has to use them, so I'm wondering.
For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
Yeah, it's really a real address :)
12 answers Last reply
More about domains email users providers

    see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid wrote:
    > Does anybody know the domains to put after the phone# to send email to
    > people using the various cell providers? I for sure need Sprint, AT&T,
    > Cingular, and Verizon, but any other ones you know would be great too. Is
    > Roger's the same as AT&T, or is it a totally separate company now? I know
    > somebody in Canada that has to use them, so I'm wondering.

    Rogers is NOT the same as AT&T. Rogers Wireless, formerly Rogers AT&T,
    has purchases the 1/3 interest in itself from AT&T Wireless. Since
    then, AT&T Wireless has gone out of business. Cingular purchased AT&T
    Wireless for $41 billion, and for the most part will integrate
    operations with its own, with the exception of some markets which will
    be sold off or traded (moslty due to US government mandate).

    TH

    In <hf45u0ps9lvu6jnt4k8gougdhpuoh82ggh@4ax.com> on Mon, 10 Jan 2005 06:42:18
    -0800, see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid wrote:

    >Does anybody know the domains to put after the phone# to send email to
    >people using the various cell providers? I for sure need Sprint, AT&T,
    >Cingular, and Verizon, but any other ones you know would be great too. Is
    >Roger's the same as AT&T, or is it a totally separate company now? I know
    >somebody in Canada that has to use them, so I'm wondering.

    "Google is your friend!"
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=sms%20email%20mycingular>

    Someone should start a cellphone DNS.
    You send an email or SMS to a phonenumber and the cell phone server resolves the phone number into a full URL address much like a
    DNS server resolves microsoft.com to 179.xxx.xxx or whatever it is.

    N Hamilton wrote:
    > Someone should start a cellphone DNS.
    > You send an email or SMS to a phonenumber and the cell phone server resolves the phone number into a full URL address much like a
    > DNS server resolves microsoft.com to 179.xxx.xxx or whatever it is.

    A DNS address is actually a 4 digit number. It's just that it's base
    256 (2^8) instead of base 10. The dots indicate a separation of the
    base 256 digits.

    TH

    So what does your lesson in base arithmetic and triplet representation of URL addresses have to do with my post?

    N Hamilton wrote:
    > So what does your lesson in base arithmetic and triplet representation of URL addresses have to do with my post?
    >
    > "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message news:41E3C8FC.4@example.net...
    >

    >>N Hamilton wrote:
    >>
    >>>Someone should start a cellphone DNS.
    >>>You send an email or SMS to a phonenumber and the cell phone server resolves the phone number into a full URL address much like a
    >>>DNS server resolves microsoft.com to 179.xxx.xxx or whatever it is.
    >>
    >>A DNS address is actually a 4 digit number. It's just that it's base 256 (2^8) instead of base 10. The dots indicate a
    >>separation of the base 256 digits.
    >>
    >>TH

    In your reply, you referred to IP 179.xxx.xxx which is actually three
    digits of base 256. I was adding that IPs are actually 4 digits long,
    and explaining it's actually 4 digits in base 256. No harm was intended.

    Spammers would love that. No thanks.

    In <ZmPEd.9812$hQ6.2071386@twister.southeast.rr.com> on Tue, 11 Jan 2005
    12:10:33 GMT, "N Hamilton" <no_spamham@no_spamnc.rr.com> wrote:

    >Someone should start a cellphone DNS.
    >You send an email or SMS to a phonenumber and the cell phone server resolves the phone number into a full URL address much like a
    >DNS server resolves microsoft.com to 179.xxx.xxx or whatever it is.
    >
    ><see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid> wrote in message news:hf45u0ps9lvu6jnt4k8gougdhpuoh82ggh@4ax.com...
    >> Does anybody know the domains to put after the phone# to send email to
    >> people using the various cell providers? I for sure need Sprint, AT&T,
    >> Cingular, and Verizon, but any other ones you know would be great too. Is
    >> Roger's the same as AT&T, or is it a totally separate company now? I know
    >> somebody in Canada that has to use them, so I'm wondering.
    >> --
    >> For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    >> Yeah, it's really a real address :)

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:02:20 GMT, Tropical Haven <user@example.net>
    spewed:

    >>>A DNS address is actually a 4 digit number. It's just that it's base 256 (2^8) instead of base 10. The dots indicate a
    >>>separation of the base 256 digits.
    >>>
    >>>TH
    >
    >In your reply, you referred to IP 179.xxx.xxx which is actually three
    >digits of base 256. I was adding that IPs are actually 4 digits long,
    >and explaining it's actually 4 digits in base 256. No harm was intended.

    I found it interesting, and saved it to CompInfo folder :)
    So screw the other guy ;6

    For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    Yeah, it's really a real address :)

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:01:18 GMT, John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com>
    spewed:
    >Spammers would love that. No thanks.

    And again, legitimate users screwed because of abusers. Great.

    >>Someone should start a cellphone DNS.
    >>You send an email or SMS to a phonenumber and the cell phone server resolves the phone number into a full URL address much like a
    >>DNS server resolves microsoft.com to 179.xxx.xxx or whatever it is.
    >>
    >><see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid> wrote in message news:hf45u0ps9lvu6jnt4k8gougdhpuoh82ggh@4ax.com...
    >>> Does anybody know the domains to put after the phone# to send email to
    >>> people using the various cell providers? I for sure need Sprint, AT&T,
    >>> Cingular, and Verizon, but any other ones you know would be great too. Is
    >>> Roger's the same as AT&T, or is it a totally separate company now? I know
    >>> somebody in Canada that has to use them, so I'm wondering.

    For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    Yeah, it's really a real address :)
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Someone has already done better than that. Simply send email to

    <10digittelephonenumber>@teleflip.com

    I'm not sure if the service appends advertising or not (why else would
    they do this?), but it's a heck of a lot easier than remembering loads
    of arbitrary info.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    <see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid> wrote in message news:hf45u0ps9lvu6jnt4k8gougdhpuoh82ggh@4ax.com...
    > Does anybody know the domains to put after the phone# to send email to
    > people using the various cell providers? I for sure need Sprint, AT&T,
    > Cingular, and Verizon, but any other ones you know would be great too.
    > Is Roger's the same as AT&T, or is it a totally separate company now?
    > I know somebody in Canada that has to use them, so I'm wondering.

    http://www.notepage.net/smtp.htm
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    On 7 Feb 2005 11:22:49 -0800, "mc" <mrmikec@gmail.com> spewed:
    >Someone has already done better than that. Simply send email to
    >
    ><10digittelephonenumber>@teleflip.com
    >
    >I'm not sure if the service appends advertising or not (why else would
    >they do this?), but it's a heck of a lot easier than remembering loads
    >of arbitrary info.

    Interesting. I'll have to try that.
    Probably does send ads, or worse, put the person you mailed to on a txt
    msg. spam list!
    It's all about the $.
    Anybody heard which it is?
    For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    Yeah, it's really a real address :)

Cingular Domain Email Internet Service Providers