Linda

If I'm on the internet, the screensaver will work. If I just leave the
computer on, it doesn't work. I had to go out today for a couple of hours
and when I came back my desktop was there with no screensaver. I have Win XP
and have it set to come on after 10 minutes. I'm a computer newbie and need
a plain english answer.

Byte

After you set the timer for your screensaver, did you click Apply before
you click OK?
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Linda" wrote:

> If I'm on the internet, the screensaver will work. If I just leave the
> computer on, it doesn't work. I had to go out today for a couple of hours
> and when I came back my desktop was there with no screensaver. I have Win XP
> and have it set to come on after 10 minutes. I'm a computer newbie and need
> a plain english answer.

Linda

I just went back and yes I had hit apply. It will work if I'm on the
internet and leave but not if I was working on something and not on the
internet.