Dr Watson (drwtsn.exe) keeps crashing my programs

I just started using Bink Video .exe RAD Tools to convert video files from .mov to .avi, shortly after downloading Bink's upgrade. That's when all the problems started. I got errors associated with the video files in .avi format, and now, when I try to simply OPEN my Kodak picture folder (which contains some video files) I get Dr Watson error messages and the windows explorer program crashes. FYI, my c drive is full, and i just want to move files to my external hard drive, but the crashes are preventing that. HELP! What do I do? (Bob)
4 answers Last reply
More about watson drwtsn crashing programs
  1. Use the restore points to roll back before your update.

It's probably a good idea to clean up your C drive. The disk cleanup utility is a good place to start.
  2. <Use the restore points to roll back before your update. >

Hmmm, I don't know what that means, can you explain?

I used disc clean up and I now have 5 G of space left, but i'm still getting an error message when I try to open up my pictures.

HELP!
  3. Start the computer up in safe mode (f8 on startup). Start-->programs-->accessories-->system tools-->system restore-->choose a date to restore to (before the date the program was downloaded).
  4. OK, my friend Googled this solution for me, and it work fine. I deleted the corrupt video files after disabling the DLL, whatever that is:

http://www.technipages.com/xp-windows-explorer-crashes-when-opening-folder-with-corrupted-video-files.html

Thanks for your help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Watson AVI Windows XP