Linksys draft N questions

jtp321

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Because I haven't seen any specific information, I am wondering a few things about my router, which is the WRT300N - V. 1.0. I am wondering what transfer speed is possible with this one. I am connected @ 130M, but I swear at one time I had 200+. Currently my router is right next to the computer, so no interference at all. I am wondering what other folks have experienced. Also, I'm wondering what other tweaks could be made to improve the performance of the router, especially for range when I move my computer farther away. I have the corresponding linksys N-card as well. Thanks!

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
With wireless N, you can supposedly achieve speeds of almost 250Mbps w/ a maximum throughput of almost 80Mbps.I'd make sure that there are no speakers, cellphones, or any kinda of electronics that can interfere with your signal near the router.

Also, you'll get a better transfer speed on large files. With lots of smaller files, you'll notice that you will rarely move up to your peak bandwidth and stay there. This is mainly due to the fact that it doesn't have to simulate a handshake and all that jazz before each transfer.