what's the normal temp for 8800 gts 640mb?

Fulmar

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
70-71C is about what I get on a load. 60-65C idle. Plus my case has a lot of stuff in it and a lot of cables blocking some airflow. My C2D are a little above average, but otherwise my Geforce sticks around those numbers.

timehopper

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
Mine idles ar 51C according to Everest and Ntune, thermal sensor from a TT A2349 fan controller gives me 45 C. Load temps are in the high 50s early 60s. I guess the temps are so low cause i got a nicely ventilated full-tower, what case dp you have and what kind of fans are you using?

pennstater

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
I have an EVGA 8800 GTS 640Mb, and it idles at 68C (according to Speedfan). And this is after using Riva Tuner to increase the fan speed to 95% of full speed (before that it was around 72C). I think this number is too high for idle temps, but my case is about five to six years old, so its not ventilated like today's cases (I also have sound deadening material in the case, which raises temps slightly).

I've done some case mods to increase airflow, which helped lower the overall ambient case temps by about 5C. The case is the "hydraulic" case like Alienware used when they first started (has a door that slowly slides down). The front of the case had an 80mm fan mount and the rear of the case had a single 60mm fan mount. I cut the front perforated grill out of the case and increased the size of the opening to fit a 120mm Antec Tri-Cool (on medium setting). There's no way on the rear of the case to mount a bigger fan, but, there was enough space to mount another 60mm fan. So I cut out the hole and now have two 60mm fans running in parallel to exhaust out the hot air. My PCP&C Silencer 750 has a single 80mm fan to exhaust out its hot air.

BTW... I checked EVGA's support FAQ's: A question was submitted to them about temperatures of the 8800 cards. Their response was that if the card goes over 90C, then there's a problem.

Hope this helps. :)

TRENDING THREADS